chapter 2

Flashback 3 years ago
I could feel my blood starting to freeze as I got ready to drop my kids off at my brother's house. Let's get this done.

"Remember what I told you to do if something happens. Run, never look back and keep an eye on each other if you hear anything that is a very suspicious run. Okay?” as she says this she is looking right into her kids eyes.

"Yes mom." Staring back at her and smiling a lot and happiness is just rolling off them.

"Billy, make sure nothing happens to your sister. Do you understand me?" Is looking at  billy.

"Yes mom! I will make sure nothing happens to her." Put the thumbs up while Jacky rolls her eyes and they walk away to the Annie brother home

The kids knock on the door. Then a lady came out with a large man that looked like he had zero fat but the thing that caught everyone's eye was his light brown hair plus his green eyes were like they had stones in them and possibly ice.

He bends down to his wife and whispers something in her ear. Then she takes the kids inside then looks right at Annie.

He starts to walk towards Annie's car with a thousand foot look of glare. It was like time stopped but then it recontinued as he knocked on her window.

She rolled down her car window slowly as she did. She opens her glove box as she opens it, papers come out of it with bold letters but you can't see them clearly and now the window is fully down.

"H-hey bro long time n-no see!" She is obviously nervous while her hands shake a bit

"Hey Annie, long time no see you seem nervous is everything alright?" He smiled like an angry lion so it was like a snarl. You could see some of his teeth but his eyes were the scariest thing about him right now, they Were like a copperhead snake looking at its next prey.

"Y-yes e-everything's f-fine P-philip I-im her-" as she was about to finish her sentence the man now known as Philip snaps at his sister.

"YOU KNOW WHAT, I don't care, okay? All I want to know is why the hell are you here! " He now had a full snarl on his face, his eyes were now like a snake strangling its victim.

"W-will you just shut the fuck up and listen to me? " Her voice was gettin' louder without the nervousness and the fear.

"Why the hell should I listen to you?! Your crazy or stupid for doing this!" He is getting more and more angry.

"You're the only one that I can trust, okay? Remember what mom said don't do anything stupid okay?" Her voice is dead calm as she hits his chest with paper making him move backwards a bit.

As he looked at the papers that hit his chest his eyes went wide and started to stutter words out.

"H-how ,w-why? Why did you never tell me this?! 5 million dollars for my house? I never got this?!" As he says this he is shaking a bit like a  leaf in the wind.

Annie's eyes go wide like someone stabbed her in the gut plus twisted it.

"Haha so funny bro t-totally don't look at the last paper!" as she said this she drives away while rolling up her window.

Two hours later

The road Annie is on has a lot of cracks that look like they are earthquakes, and the potholes feel like sinkholes at least to her. She could barely see out of her front window from the fog. It's hea- wait she can finally see some lights hopefully they are lights.