Chapter 39 Mark of the Monkey

Start from the beginning

"With this, I can summon all monsters except Levels 6 to 8." Devack yells.

"I see...so Dark Pendulum summons monsters outside the scale rather than inside..." Reiji mutters.

"Dark Pendulum Summon! Come forth. Fighter Ape." (ATK:1900/DEF:1200 LV:5)

As the ape appears, Ruka asks, "Aren't you going to summon your god?"

"That won't be necessary for now. I'll end my turn." Devack says.

Rua says, "Ruka, I'll go next."

Ruka nods, and Rua says, "I summon Deformer Magnen U! (ATK:800/DEF:800 LV:3) When this card is in Defense mode, my opponent can't target any other monsters for an attack!"

As the Magnet appears, Davack says, "I use Inferno Ape's Pendulum Effect! When my opponent summons a monster that isn't a Beast-type, they will have to take 500 damage! I'll send your soul to the underworld as painlessly as possible. Consider it my way to show you mercy."

A blast of purple inferno hits Rua as he is in pain. (Rua:4000-3500)

"Rua!" Ruka yells.

Frank asks, "What just happened? It looks like the damage is real."

"This is the pain of the Shadow Games, they will inflict real damage until one is dead by losing all his/her LP." Yuzu says.

"What?" Yugo replies in shock. "Then Rua and Ruka will die if they lose?"

"We won't be defeated that easily. "Rua slowly stands back up, "I set one card and end my turn." He turns to Ruka, "Don't worry, Ruka. As long as you're safe, I'll be fine."

Ruka sighs and says, "Thank goodness. My turn!" She draws a card and says, "I activate Magic card: Fairy Pendulum Call. From my Deck, I can place Scale 4 Fairy Guardian: Harmony and Scale 8 Fairy Guardian Double on both scales."

Two green-colored Fairy raise to the field with 4 and 8 underneath it, the Green Pendant also spins in the air. She says, "With this, I can summon monsters from Levels 5 to 7!"

Jean says, "She can use Pendulum as well?"

Yuni says, "She gets the Pendulum at the same time as my brother and I, but she just learned it a week before."

"I can't Pendulum Summon since my Hope lets me summon monsters that are Fairy Types. If I summon then I'll get getting damage. I summon Armored White Bear." (ATK:1800/DEF:1400 LV:4)

Davack says, "I see. Armored White Bear is a Beast type, so you won't get damage."

Ruka says, "With Double's Pendulum Effect, I can treat Armored White Bear as two monsters. I overlay my Level 4 Armored White Bear who is treated as two monsters!" As the bear splits into two and goes into the portal, she says, "The sacred light of protection, use the powers to secure every monster on the field! Xyz Summon! Come forth! Rank 4! Ancient Fairy Bio Dragon!" (ATK:2100/DEF:3000 RNK:4 PS:4 OVU:1)

A yellow-colored Ancient Fairy Dragon appears as Crow asks, "She can Xyz as well?"

"How did she..." Jean asks.

"I gave her the cards." Reisho says. "And that dragon is strong as well."

"However, since Ancient Fairy Bio Dragon is not a Beast-Type, you'll take damage with Inferno Ape's Pendulum Effect!"

Ruka gets hit by the inferno due to the dragon-type monster. (Ruka:4000-3500) She struggles to stand as she says, "I attack your Fighter Ape with Bio Dragon! Bio-Life!"