The Countdown

"Just two more days" I tick off the date on the calendar. I'm 15 years of age and I'll be sixteen in two days.

I've been waiting and still am, the day I'll be sweet sixteen. My parents have promised to make it grand for me as they would take a leave from their work.

Well, my parents work in different fields of jobs and they are as hectic as hell. But that factor does not stop them from performing their duties as my parents to me.

They always see to it that I'm doing fine and rain hell on whoever hurts me.

And that's why I love them😉
I walk down into the kitchen for breakfast and see a sticky note on the fridge.

Good morning Suzie. Your breakfast's in the microwave. Eat well and if you want more, you can buy some more or call us to send you money for it. Be safe and always remember we love you.
                                           - Mom and Dad
I smile as I read the letter.
They ALWAYS keep letters like this on the fridge with different contents in it.
Sometimes, it may be longer or shorter, depending on how much information they want to pass.
I open the microwave and take out my breakfast.

I put it on the the counter and start to devour it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I enter my room and see my phone lying on the bed with five messages.
Kaylee.

She and I have been friends since diapers.
But now... we're more than friends...

Get your mind out of the gutter. We're best friends. You seriously need Jesus.

Kaylee***: Hey Suzie.

Kaylee***: Hello?

Kaylee***: Suzie please!

Kaylee***: Suzann Freaking Wells!!!

Kaylee***: Come on. I'm literally going to die rn if you keep on ignoring me!!
Typical Kaylee.

Me: Hey Kay. What's got you hangry today?

Kaylee***: My parents locked me in the house... again.

Surprised?

Well permit me to tell. Kaylee, in the past year, used to lie to her parents that we had dance practice early in the morning before school hours and late in the evening after.

Where does she go?

She hangs out with her boyfriend and sometimes me during this time.
But I don't lie to my parents...

I just never tell them. They're not always at home, so they don't know.
So, Kaylee doesn't do that anymore but obviously, her parents thinks she does sometimes and end up locking her up in the house...

Alone...

Hungry...

Bored out of her mind...

But as a cool bestie and good person I AM, I always bail her out.

Me: So you want me to come over?

Kaylee***: Yes, and bring some food with u.

Me: What kind?
Kaylee***: Any kind. Food is food, and I'm too hungry to start thinking of that. Be quick.

Me: Alright, brt. Cu.

Kaylee***: Whatever. But don't forget the most important thing.. fooooooooooooooooddddd.

I shake my head as I smile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey Kay~" I say in a sing song voice but was pounced upon by a hangry ape.

Not a nice name to call a best friend?
Have you met mine?

"I'm so happy you brought food"
Her voice comes out muffled because of the amount of nuggets she had in her mouth.

"So you're not happy I'm here" I say with a fake gasp while putting my hand on my chest.

She raised her palm to my face as a signal for me to stop as she finished the food.

THE WHOLE FOOD!!!

"Half of those were mine" I whine while pouting. "That's already in the past, so let's leave the past where it belongs" She says while cleaning her mouth with her hands.

I gaped at her words. Believe me I don't know where I met her.
"So~" She says in a sing song voice.

"So~" I tease.
"Update me on your party, silly" she smacked me in the arm.

"Ow! That hurt" I say soothing the spot she hit.

"Lie"

"I don't lie"

"Do too"

"Don't"

"I'm not doing this" she moved herself in the couch and sat in a criss-cross position, "now tell me"

"Okay fine" I say pulling out a granola bar from my jacket.

What?
It's good to come prepared, just in case a certain someone decides to eat your food.
*cough* Kaylee *cough*

"The only thing I was told or found out, was that it was going to be grand"
"So there is a party"
"Yup" I said popping the 'p'.

"Great!" She clapped her hands excitedly before she paused, "wait, do you have a dress to wear?" Her eyes widened "I don't even have a dress to wear!"

She ran into the room while I munched on my granola bar.

She came downstairs with her car keys in hand, "come on, we're going shopping"
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Heyooooooooo!!!

I'm back! I really hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did writing it.

Well as you can see, it's kinda short and that's how all my chapters might be cause I just don't know where to stop.

Anyhoo,
Vote. Comment. Add.

Thnx and remember...
I love you!!!

- Princess~