(04) the young and the reckless

Start from the beginning

'Or much better, when curses stop existing. So, essentially never.'

'This is why I like you. You know me well.'

'Well, time to fuck with the elders, then.'

'Yup,' Hitomi stretched her arms, grinning to herself. The elders thought they could control her, just because she was one of the last people alive from a clan that had lost its glory. They always thought they could get her to listen, just because she was the temporary head of her family. Well, they were wrong and she was going to show them.

***

"I am, but, the temporary head. How am I to know the locations of these cursed tool vaults?"

Few people in this world were daring enough to challenge the elders head-on. Few people in this world wouldn't be intimidated by the way the elders were currently glaring. Hitomi was proud to be a part of this few. She didn't hold an ounce of respect for these old men, trying to control her. So, she kept a bemused smirk on her face and pretended to be oblivious about it.

"I mean," She continued with a half-smile. "I would love to know the locations of these vaults myself, but I haven't been told anything because I am not the actual head of the clan."

That was a lie. She knew. She had always known where the vaults were.

"My father could tell you, but unfortunately, the guy's cursed and he recently had some surgery on his vocal cords, so he won't be talking for a while," Hitomi said. "You could always ask him, but you know he has an attitude and an ego that stretches as high as a mountain." 'Like all of you.'

"You don't know?" The elder, Gakuganji, and the principal of the Kyoto branch of Jujutsu High spoke out. He headed this council and he was an annoying bastard. That was that. "You don't know the location of the sword called Kusanagi? That is a dangerous weapon, Ayase Hitomi. It should not be kept with a broken clan."

The other elders muttered their agreements. Ignoring the stab of anger she felt, Hitomi gave him a fake, apologetic smile. "I wish I knew where it was, Gakuganji-sama. But I don't. If I come across the location, I'll be sure to let you know."

Mentally, she was cursing all of the elders. 'Fuck you all. As if I'll ever tell you pieces of shit where the weapons are kept. I will never fucking allow them to get into your dirty hands.'

*

In her anger after the meeting, Hitomi had nearly forgotten she had a mission report to file. Irritated, pissed off and just a little bit hungry, she sat down to write the report in an empty classroom. Izuki continued to give her mental reports, helping her fill in parts of the incident that were a little fuzzy in her memory. In situations like these, she was really grateful for the existence of Izuki inside her soul. There was no noise, no annoying white-haired brats getting on her nerves; just the perfect amount of quiet and peace.

But, unknowingly, she had spoken too soon.

The next second, the door to the classroom flew open and in walked, the one person she really did not want to see.

"Look who's back!" Gojo's voice was loud and piercing. As Geto walked in behind him, he offered her an apologetic look. Even if Geto attempted, he could never control the white haired brat. "How was the mission? Good? Bad? Did you fail?"

"The mission was a success," Hitomi answered curtly, sending him a glare as he sat down on the desk next to hers. Geto followed, sitting on her other side. "The meeting with the elders was not."

Gojo's face showed his disgust. "Uggh. You had to meet with those guys. Unlucky you."

"I know right?!" Hitomi continued to work on the report as she talked. "They're so fucking annoying."