4

After breakfast I practically bolted up the stairs

After breakfast I practically bolted up the stairs. Of course I made sure the kids were okay but Cassian and Rysand told me I had the rest of the day off. I walked into my room and paced the room.

These are my bosses. You literally can not have a crush on not just one but two of your bosses, Selene. No matter how much they look like they stepped out pretty little liars. I really do need this job if I want to jump start my career here.

Moving down here for this job might have been the best thing to happen to me. I needed to be away from my family. I needed the out and one just so happened to fall in my lap that day in my moms shop. I can't afford to mess up this chance of a lifetime. Especially with kids so good and don't get me started on the money.

You are absolutely hilarious if you think you're going to leave. No. Be logical, not stupid, Selena. God, you're stupid. Just like father.

The sound of my mother voice pierced my head before I could block out her words. I covered my face with my hands and started to count to 10. I need to distract myself before this gets worse. I quickly went over to my suitcase and rummaged through it.

Nope not in this one. I fell to my knees and pulled my other suitcase out. It was tinier and had cute stickers I've put on over the years. Unzipping it, I pulled out the ziplock bag full of my rollers.

What? They say if your stressed its probably because your hair is a mess. I went over to my desk and went to work.

20 rollers and an episode of, Criminal Minds, I was now sitting scrolling through my phone to pass time. Typing a comment on socials, my phone dinged.

Jordan:
Hows sunny California? Wish you've decided to come to NY. You could babysitting for snobbier people here :/

I laughed as I typed out a reply.

Me:
Very funny and i've already told you. NY is just too crowded and big for little ole' me.

Jordan:
WHA?-you know what. You're so right. Anywho, hows it going. Are the kids a nightmare? Is the dad old? Like fixing to bite the dust old or daddy dom old. Pls tell me it's the second one. How big is the house? Phat or nah?

Rolling my eyes I hit the FaceTime button. It barely went through the first ring before two bright blue eyes were up close and personal on the screen.

"Who are you? Vat do you vant?" Jordan yelled. I laughed cause he sounded exactly like the short lady from The Incredibles.

"To answer your questions and stop texting the word nah. No one uses that word, weirdo."  I said setting the phone up in front of me. Now seeing me fully.

He gasped in horror, "Oh no. You stressed curled. What is it? Its been a DAY! What could have possibly went wrong?!" He yelled. My hand flew up to my hair and I pouted.