二十四 x 6k reads special

Momoka gasps and gawks, finger muscles twitching and facial expression contorting as she watches Megumi bunt his bat against the ball instead of swinging.

"What was that?!" She shouts from the sides, behind the table filled with cups of water and a portable water dispenser. "You should have swung real hard! I thought you wanted us to win? What happened to that drive?" She asks, half shouting at the black haired male.

"What drive?" Megumi asks, his eyes trained on her form, going over to stand besides her. "If Nobara gets into the base, that's still a win, right?"

"I mean..." Momoka starts to say, biting her inner lower lip. "What you said is true, but don't you want to make a home run?" She asks, looking up at him before heaving out a breath. Turning her body around to watch everyone switch positions. "If we were baseball players instead, you'd make a bad outfielder."

"Oi!" Megumi calls her attention, watching the girl chuckle softly besides him. He wasn't angry nor irritated at her, he couldn't be and he wouldn't be. He was talking to her and talking to Momoka brought a sense of relief to him.

And as the two of them watch Yuji swing the bat, getting in and hitting a home run, Momoka smiles and raises her hand up in the air. "We win the school event!" She chirps happily to him before smiling bitterly afterwards. "I haven't even been to Kyoto and I kind of wanna go there. It would be so nice to explore a new city!"

Megumi was quiet for a moment, taking a cup of water in his hands and gulping all the liquid down, tossing the cup into the trash can. "If we have a clear schedule, let's go together."

"Are you asking me on a date?" Momoka asks, causing Megumi to fluster and avert his eyes away from her.

'Yeah, it's a date.' is what his mind would respond to her question, but instead, a different set of words rolled out of his mouth. "Think whatever you want." is what he responded to her.

"Then it's a date!" Momoka says, smiling happily. Taking a quick glance at her, he noted the light pink tint splotched her cheeks and across the bridge of her nose. Adorable. She was simply adorable.

"That was a good game, wasn't it?" An older and deeper voice spoke to the two of them from behind, as the two turned around their eyes widened and their eyebrows rose.

"Dad!" Momoka says, stiffling smiling while rocking her feet up and down while standing. "What are you doing here?"

"I came here to watch the event." He spoke to her, walking closer to the two as he places a hand on top of her head. "I must say that you make a good short stop." He praises her, earning himself a sweet smile from his only child. Though the smile he received from her was sweet, he turns his head to look at the male she's with, flashing him a mirrored smile of Momoka's.

"And you must be Fushiguro, right?" He asks, extending his hand out to him. "I'm her father, Nanami Kento." The older male introduces to him.

Blinking while gulping down his saliva, Megumi extends his hand out and shook it. "It's nice to meet you, Nanami san. I'm Fushiguro Megumi, but Megumi will do." He introduced himself to him.

"Megumi it is then." Nanami spoke, letting out a deep breath before turning to look at Momoka. "Shall we get going then? I've told Satoru that I'll be taking you two out of campus for a few hours."

"O-Okay!" Momoka responded, the blush on her cheeks deepening.

. . . . . . . . . . ♡