(26) Trapped

ENCHANTED

✩。:*•. ────────── ☆ ──────────.•*:。✩

ROBB WASN'T SURE WHEN THE RUMBLING STARTED, for he had been plagued with dreams of Rhaenerys whenever he was roughly kicked awake by Ser Barris.

As he opened his eyes, he had no time to process anything before the old warrior was thrusting his weapon in his arms and shouting, "THEY'RE COMING! GET READY LADS!"

Robb wasn't even half awake yet before he was facing death yet again, and the enemy didn't even have decency of warning them, either.

That's because the enemy they were facing wasn't a normal enemy.

Robb's breath got caught in his throat and he nearly choked on the air. The thunderous rumbling shook his body and Robb saw that coming right towards them was the greatest army he had ever seen.

"RUN!"

No one was quite sure who gave the command, but no one cared as they sprinted for their lives anyways.

Robb had abandoned all that he took with him just for the sake of living, the only thing on his body being the clothes on his back and the sword in his hands.

Briefly, he checked to see if Jon was behind him before he started running. And when the boy saw that his  brother had stayed behind, both of them not leaving without the other, they quickly took off before the Stark honor could kill them both.

Robb didn't remember running so hard in his life.

The white walkers behind him had awoken such a primal fear inside of him that no human man had ever provoked before. For behind Robb and all of his companion was death, real death; one that robbed you of the sweet release afterwards.

Nothing had ever terrified Robb so greatly before. Nothing had ever pushed him to run as hard as he did in that moment, forcing his legs to move until the very last moment.

He found that the moment came when white walkers started to surround them. There were so many of them; and without the primal needs of life weighing them down, they easily had the group surrounded and they were once again pressed to each other.

Robb had his back against Jamie Lannister's and both were so afraid that neither even complained.

Because what laid bedore them didn't care about their titles, and none of it would matter if they were dead, anyways.

"Hold your ground!" Ser Barris instructed, his sword looking like an extension of his arm as he held it in front of him.

"What's the matter?" Jon asked quickly, noticing how all movement had suddenly stilled. "Why aren't they...why aren't they moving towards us anymore?"

"I don't know," Ser Jorah answered, but if there was a god, he wasn't going to question their reasoning. Not now.

The group was nearly pressed all the way against a boulder, one that lead to a cliff even the undead couldn't climb. In front of them, thousands of white walkers had paused their steps as something seemed to slow them down.

When Robb heard splashing, Jon got his answer as they all began to sink the more they tried to get across.

"Seven Hells," Jamie breathed a sigh of relief and lowered his sword slightly, noticing how the ice broke the more the walkers tried to get to them.

And eventually, they stopped trying all together.

"So this is how we die," Lord Beric sighed and looked at the sky, almost scoffing at the cruelty of his god to bring him back only to let him die this way.

"We're not dead yet," Robb Stark spat as he looked at the creatures not moving an inch. "We still have hope. Rhaenerys—"

"Is half a world away, along with her aunt," Ser Jorah answered for him with a frown.

"I've sent her ravens," Robb protested. "Surely, if she knows I can communicate with her and I don't for some reason—"

"Oh, give it a rest now would you?" Ser Barris nearly groaned at the love-sick boy. Still thinking that his angel would come and save him.

Robb frowned. "You don't understand. She—"

"No, we don't understand," Jamie cut him off and gave him an annoyed look, huffing as he shoved his sword into the ice. "We are here because your lover sent us on this death mission. And now, you think that same woman is coming to save you when she's the one who sent you here in the first place?"

"Rhaenerys didn't send me anywhere," Robb said through gritted teeth. "I wanted to come here. I wanted—"

"To show your little princess that you were loyal to her?" Jamie guessed. "Enough to the point where you'd die for her?"

Robb was quiet as the older man guessed correctly and scoffed at his silence. It was then, as he did this, that Jon Snow finally noticed that they were one member short. Or rather, missing a short member.

"Where is Lord Tyrion?" He demanded to know, eyes searching frantically on their little patch of land.

When Jon and the others came up with nothing, dread began to pool in the pit of his stomach. However, one look at Jamie Lannister and it was clear that he had something up sleeve.

"Unlike you North men and Targaryens," He started casually as if he knew where Tyrion was all along, "Us Lannister's don't wait for miracles. We take them. I sent Tyrion ahead of us the minute the ground started pounding. And with any luck, he should be on the way back with help soon, not your Dragon princess," Jamie spit at Robb, before taking a seat and deciding that he may as well get comfortable.

They were going to be there for quite some time, after all.