lxiii. i dont hate you

Start from the beginning

Julia stepped outside the trailer and looked up at the thundering sky, stepping down the stairs only to stop with her face smacking into Steve's back. "Carp, sorry." The boy winched stepping aside facing Dustin and Eddie.

"Guys, listen. If things here start to go south, I mean, at all, you abort. Okay?" Steve worried for them, it wasn't something to hide. "Draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for a minute or two, We'll take care of Vecna."

Julia touched Dustin shoulder passing a reassuring smile, Dustin exhaled patting her hand. "Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something. Okay, you guys are just—"

"Decoys." Dustin says cutting him off. "Don't worry, you can be the hero, Steve."

"Absolutely." Eddie clicks his tongue. "I mean, look at us. We are not hero's." Dustin smiles nodding, Julia dropped her hand stepping away over to Robin and Nancy.

"Hey, Steve." Eddie called out causing them to stop and turn. "Make him pay."

The silence was nothing but silent, with the thunder clamoring every chance it got with red flashing in the sky. Their flashlights were the only thing they needed to see the ground, not wanting to step on any vines.

"Uh, I don't mean to freak anyone out, but I swear we've seen this tree before." Robin froze staring at the tree, Julia cocked her head up, shaking her head.

"That's impossible."

"That would suck, right?" Robin said glancing over at them. "If Vecna destroyed the world be-because we got lost in the wood?"

"We're not lost Robin." Nancy tells her, though she didn't know if they were actually lost or not, Robin chuckled shaking her head and she took off running.

"Robin, hey!" Nancy called out chasing after her. "Watch out good the vines! Hive mind, remember?" Nancy's voice faded the further she got away from the couple following after Robin.

"Jesus," Julia rubbed her forehead, staring straight ahead at the two girls, forgetting the feeling of being uncomfortable especially with her boyfriend or now ex-boyfriend, she doesn't know if they ended things, they didn't talk after the fight.

"Uh, don't worry about her." Steve spoke walking down by her, Julia turned her head staring at the side of his face. "She's just stressed, you know, scared."

Julia nods turning off her flashlight, one was enough for them. "Yeah, I mean this is the girl who refused to watch jaws 3 with us." She chuckled remembering when Robin practically screamed when the shark popped up.

Steve didn't say anything, and her smile faded from her face. "Steve..." Julia spoke stopping in her tracks through he continued to walk ignoring her. "Please, Steve, we have to talk about this, we can't ignore it."

Steve came to a stop, quickly turning around and accidentally flashing the light in her face. "You want to talk? Fine, let's talk." Steve's jaw was clenched, he was trying his best not to show many sign of weakness, he didn't want to break down again.

"Steve..." Julia paused, cramping her mouth shut taking a deep exhale. "I'm sorry, okay. What i did was wrong but I can't change the fact that it happen, and I'm sorry that I can't give you the future that you want, the future with six little nuggets..." Julia trailed off thinking about the twin boys. You know what? Maybe this was what we needed."