{Jensoo} - is it good? (requested)

"What's that smell?" Jennie asked as she and Jisoo walked through the front door, an unfamiliar scent filling her lungs instantly.

"I have no idea," Jisoo said as she set her bags on the floor.

Before your girlfriends could call out for you, you ran out of the kitchen with a bright smile on your face.

"I'm so happy that you're finally home!" You said as you ran into their arms.

They held you close as you squeezed them tightly.

For the last few days, you've been home alone as they traveled to the states for different activities.

It's been quiet and lonely and you're so happy that they're finally home again.

"Do you smell that?" Jennie asked as you pulled away.

"Oh, yeah. I made food for you both!"

"Oh, baby, you didn't have to do that," Jisoo said as she and Jennie followed you into the kitchen.

"It was no problem! I wanted to do something nice for my girls. I know you've had a long flight and you must be so hungry, so here you go!"

They sat down at the table, hearts melting over the thought of you making food for them to make them feel good.

At first, they were thrilled.

But as you put two plates of food in front of them and they saw it, they didn't feel so thrilled anymore.

It was your first time making a meal for both of them.

Usually, they do that since you're not so confident in your cooking.

And now they understood why.

"Eat up!" You excitedly said as you watched them both.

They shared a look of nervousness, hesitantly poking at the food on their plates.

It was a little burnt in some spots but they could look past that and enjoy it nonetheless.

But it didn't look very appetizing to them.

But they didn't want to hurt your feelings.

So, hesitantly, they took a bite and put it into their mouths, only to cringe at the taste.

"Is it good?" You asked and Jisoo wrinkled her nose in disgust while Jennie swallowed it down, trying to hide how bad it tasted.

"Are you kidding, baby?" Jisoo asked, chuckling nervously.

She's terrible at hiding things from you and Jennie but she was trying her very hardest.

"It's so good! Where did you learn to cook like this?" She asked.

"If it's good, then why'd you stop eating it?" You asked as you stared at them both, noticing their silverware on their plates.

They hid how upset their stomachs felt just thinking about eating more but they really didn't want to hurt your feelings.

Jennie ate another bite while Jisoo held the food on her tongue, struggling to swallow it down.

"What is it?" You asked Jisoo. "Do you not like it? Why aren't you swallowing it?"

She looked at you in sadness before closing her eyes and swallowing the food down.

She put her hand over her mouth, coughing quietly as her lips pulled into a look of disgust before she pulled it away.

"It's so yummy!" She said.

"You don't like it, do you?" You asked quietly before looking at Jennie. "And you don't either. Don't pretend. It's okay."

"Y/N," Jisoo sighed. "We're sorry."

"It's fine."

You looked so sad, so crushed by their admission.

"Baby, it's not that bad," Jennie said.

"It is." You said. "It's okay, I get it."

"Darling," Jisoo said, clicking her tongue.

She stood up and pulled you into her arms as Jennie got up to do the same.

"Everyone makes a bad meal from time to time," Jennie said.

"Not you two. Everything you cook is delicious." You said.

"But, honey, that's not how it started. We made some bad meals before, trust us." Jisoo said and she felt a little relief when your lips pulled into a smile.

"I'm sorry I made such an awful and disgusting meal. You didn't deserve that when you just got home."

"Babe, don't worry. It's the thought that counts." Jennie smiled.

"You'll get there. Someday, you'll be a world-class chef!" Jisoo said.

You shook your head with a grin.

"I don't know about that but thanks for the confidence boost." You said, kissing her cheek softly before kissing Jennie's, too.

"How about we order something and then we'll cuddle until it gets here," Jennie suggested.

You nodded and walked up the stairs with them, hoping that, one day, you'd be able to make a better meal for your girls.