New Superpowers

After the triumphant return of wordgirl news run rampant across town. "Did you you here wordgirl has returned." "I know its been years since we last seen her." Becky and Bob arrive at school to see Scoops and Rose telling everyone to read their social media post and news sites about wordgirl returning to action. "Tell everyone about it. You can check my Twitter account to find out how wordgirl saved the day after years of inactivity" says Scoops.

Rose comes up and says "No check out my story it so much better, and more exclusive details." Becky's eyesight starts to wobble and blur on her. Then she gets a slight ringing in her ears.

"Are you okay Becky" asks a concerned Scoops.

"Yeah I'm fine just got a little dizzy is all."

"Aaaah-eeee" squeaks bob.

"I don't know Bob, it was Strange. I never felt that before."

Becky went throughout the school day having a hard time seeing the board at the front of every class. When she got home she talked to her parents about what happened.

"I'm no eye expert Becky, but if you are having a hard time seeing maybe it's time for glasses" says Mr.Botsford. Becky goes to the eye doctor the next day after school.

"Well from what I can see your eyes are in perfect condition. I don't know what would be the problem if you're saying you're having issues seeing. If it helps though here a prescription for some glasses" the doctor says handing her the written prescription.

Becky chooses a nice pink pair and it did help with her eyesight. Scoops and violet compliment her the next day at school.

"Wow, nice glasses Becky" violet exclaimed.

"They do compliment your intelligence Becky, very smart indeed" Scoops says with a finger on his face.

"Really thanks, I am getting use to them now."

As Scoops and Violet walk off someone approaches Becky from behind. "Ahhhhhh. Tobey you scared me."

"I do apologize, but I could help but notice you're wearing glasses."

"Yeah, I been having trouble seeing in class lately. Oh, well that's the bell see you after school."

Tobey stood there in thought. This could only mean one of two things. Either she's trying to conceal her identity as wordgirl, or she trying to twin with me. "You're clever Becky Botsford, but not clever enough to outsmart Theadore McCalister the Third" he shouts suddenly. A teacher walked out and pointed and he walked away.

Once the school day had ended Tobey found Becky in her car and said "Care to hang out today?"

"Sorry Tobey, but I have to be home to get my homework done today."

"Well can I just come with and maybe help you out. We are friends aren't we, we should hang out more often like friends should."

"Alright Tobey, hope in."

Once home Tobey and Becky did their homework. "And that is how you can calculate the cars speed."

"Wow, thanks Tobey I don't think I could have solved that without you."

"Well I am a genius afterall."

"A genius who got a B on his reading test."

"Well not everyone is a vocabulary wiz like you who likes to read."

"Admit I'm better than you, and that you just don't want to admit it."

"That's absurd. I not going too."