He chuckled. "No offense taken, Fire." While I was sitting on one of the bar stools beside him, he turned around and leaned casually at the bar. "So, your dad is proudly parading your new boyfriend around. A rare occasion for him to be fond of someone so new so easily." He stated. I saw at my peripheral that his eyes were trained to the conversation circle I left not too long ago.

"He's not my boyfriend." I don't know how many times I will say this sentence for the whole night. "And I don't even know why he's here." I mean I know why, I invited him but still, he's not supposed to come at all.

Silas whispered, "Your daddy will be disappointed if you tell him that." 

He's always been disappointed of me.

"I already did. Tsaka wala namang bago d'on."

"Maybe your dad isn't really that vocal with appreciation and stuff."

I rolled my eyes at him but with a smile on my lips. "Gago, don't go therapist on me." I say in a chuckle. "'Di mo bagay."

"Pero tayo, bagay." He replied back while wiggling his eyebrows.

I burst out laughing. "That has got to be the worst pick-up line I have ever heard! 'Yan ba ang natutunan mo sa abroad?"

With a chuckle he again turned to the bar's direction and sat beside me.

"Hindi naman. Meron pang mas corny pero I'm saving the best for other times."

"Other times na?"

He was about to reply but then someone cleared his throat behind us. And from the way my body reacted, kilala ko na kung sino. There's that familiar burn from inside my body, flaring it's way through my veins, but at the same time I feel the coldness seeping through and I'm tempted to tremble.

Sabay naming nilingon si Reid. I don't know how I can identify it since he always has a stoic expression, but I know that he isn't happy at all.

"I think you're having too much fun with my person." A few of the long sentences I rarely hear from him.

My person.

To hell with me because my body just reacted to that.

Silas gave him a smile. "Nothing bad in offering a beautiful woman some company." He didn't wait for him to answer because he gave my leg a pat, "Just bellow if you need me." Then he winked and went away.

I was about to tell him don't go but everything happened too fast and I'm again stuck with my personified dilemma.

We got into a stare down. Ang hirap, especially with the aura he's emitting. Pero syempre, kailan pa nagpatalo ang isang Elora Ysabelle Sapphire. Hindi ko man alam kung paano siya mag-isip, but I know damn sure I'm about to stop this little circus of madness we're playing on.

"We need to talk." I said, breaking the silence.

He nodded his head and without any word he took the wine glass from my hand and set it on the table. He grabbed my hand and in a rush we marched towards dad who's still busy talking trading stuff with Lucy and Aubrey.

"Uncle, good evening again." He says in his mellow, deep voice.

"Reid. Bakit?" Then my dad's eyes dropped on his hand on mine before it shot up to me then to Reid again. 

Great! More explaining to do after.

"I'm sorry but we have to leave early. We have some things to discuss. If it's alright?" Again, part two of the few long sentences.