Chapter 18 - Just Doing My Job

En başından başla

I heard the front door slam open and loud footsteps. Oh no, John was back. I started to panic as the fear set in and tears started forming in my eyes.

"Sam?" I heard someone call. It wasn't John, it was Harry! What is he doing here?

"Harry!" I managed to let out, my throat killing me.

I heard footsteps heading towards the basement door and the knob being turned. Shit, John locked it. I heard a bang on the door, then a few more. Finally it flew open, Harry had barged it down, his face full of fear. It softened when he saw me and he sprinted down the stairs towards me. I was never more happy to see him in my life.

"Oh thank god!" He sighed untying me.

"What are you doing here? John's going to kill you!"

"I don't care, I'm getting you out of here."

After my hands were released I rubbed my wrists and he brought me in to a hug.

"Harry, I didn't mean I thing I said to you. I'm so sorry! I love you so much!" I cried in to his chest.

He rubbed my back, "It's okay, I love you too. We're going to be alright."

He pulled away and looked me in the eyes worriedly, "Did he hurt you?"

I looked towards the floor, "Just a few bruises."

I could see the anger form in his eyes, "We're getting the hell out of here then. I called the police, they should be here in a bit. He's going to be locked up for good."

He picked me up bridal style and carried me up the stairs.

We reached the top, "Harry, it's okay I can walk." I stated.

He nodded his head and put me down. He grabbed my hand and we quickly moved across the living room.

"What a surprise we have here." I heard someone say behind us.

We turned around and John stood there with a knife in his hand, shit. He began to play with the sharp object. Harry pulled me behind him and he stood protectively in front of me.

"It's the one and only Harry Styles," he smirked and looked at me, "I thought I told you to tell him that you didn't love him."

"I did, and it was a mistake." I replied harshly.

"It's a shame you want to leave, I thought we were going to have fun tonight."

I felt Harry tense up in front of me.

John chuckled and stepped closer, "Stay back." Harry ordered moving us backwards.

He tilted his head to the side, "And what are you going to do about it?"

Harry didn't answer, instead he stared him down angrily. Suddenly, John lunged forward towards us with the knife in his hand.

Harry pushed me out of the way, "Harry!" I shouted.

Harry grabbed his wrists and fought him off. John quickly brought his leg up and kicked him in the stomach. I flinched at the pain he was causing Harry. Harry eventually slapped the knife out of his hand and it flew on to the floor a few feet from them. John went to retrieve it but Harry tackled him on to the ground.

"This is for punching my best friend!" Harry yelled throwing a punch at his face.

"And this is for terrorizing my girlfriend!" he shouted throwing another right on his nose.

John became angry and flipped them over so he was above Harry. He slammed his fist in to Harry's face and I put my hand over my mouth in shock. John threw more punches and Harry was trying to defend himself. It was terrorizing to watch and I knew what John was going to do, he was going to kill him. I quickly looked around and spotted a vase next to me. I picked it up and sprinted to where they were. I lifted it up and smashed it on to the side of Johns head, dropping it on the floor. I saw that Harry had blood coming from his nose and a cut under his eye. He looked up at me shocked as John fell over. John stood up, regaining himself, and turned around to me, more anger in his eyes. I stepped backwards, fear washing over me.