Chapter 12

Amaro Black

"I don't know why you even try, you know you're not going to win," I said with a cocky smile as I slammed Harlin's arm down on the table.

Harlin was determined to win an arm wrestling competition with me, but he didn't stand a chance. I couldn't understand why he kept trying knowing that he was going to lose. The look of defeat on his face each time I beat him is the only reason kept letting him try. I turned in my seat to look over at Ali's table. What the fuck? Where did she go? I scanned the cafeteria crowd searching for her; I found her by the pop machines with Bobby. Really? Only she would decide to run off with a fucking vampire. I knew I had to intervene so I started to approach them.

"No I won't!" Ali said pulling away from Bobby. I walked up behind Ali; Bobby letting his grip on her go as soon as he saw me. She stumbled backwards into my waiting arms; I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her behind me so that I was standing between her and Bobby.

"Is there a problem here?" I asked my hand still resting on Ali's waist not allowing her to move.

"No problem man, just asking her out on a date," Bobby replied arrogantly.

"More like demanding." I heard Ali whisper from behind me. I pushed back a growl and fought my inner wolf to keep it in check.

"Stay away from her Bobby, I won't warn you again," I said through clenched teeth inching closer to him. My wolf rammed at my insides wanting to just rip his head off right then and there.

"Whatever man," Bobby said before turning and walking away. I turned around and instinctively scanned her body looking for evidence that Bobby had hurt her in any way. All I needed was one reason to go after him and he would be dead.

"Stay away from him Ali, he's bad news," I told her as I led her back to her table.

I needed to get out of there; I needed to let my wolf free. As soon as she was at the table I turned and left as fast as I could but still at a normal human speed. I had my truck started and in gear before I even got my seatbelt on. The drive home felt long as my wolf craved for a release. The moment my feet were out of the truck I let my wolf rip though me and we took off at full speed through the forest.

"I can't believe you're making us go to this thing," Harlin complained from beside me in the truck.

I let out a small growl to let him know I wasn't in the mood for his bitching. We had to go to this stupid high school party to watch over Ali. After her talking to Bobby in school on Wednesday it had the pack on high alert. I parked the truck where we could see Ali and started the long process of waiting. She was just sitting on a log watching the fire; I wondered why she even came if that was all she planned on doing. I watched her get up and say something then head back over to the barn where the keg was and disappeared behind the barn wall. I looked down at the clock then waited patiently for her to come back out. I looked down at the clock again, it had been five minutes already. What was taking her so long?

"Doesn't it seem like she has been gone for a while?" I asked looking over at Harlin and Koda. Neither one was paying any attention to what Ali was doing as they both looked up at me confused. I let out a pissed off growl and watched them shiver.

"Let's go," I yelled and jumped out of the truck. We walked over to the keg and caught Ali's scent along with a vampire scent. Within seconds we dashed into the woods and phased into wolf form.

"You taste better than I thought you would too," I heard Bobby say as we got closer. We were sneaking up on them now but my wolf was restless and hard to hold back. He was out for Bobby's head and he was going to get it.

"I am curious to know how you were able to avoid my compulsion on you," he said as his eyes traveled up and down Ali's body; my wolf fought back a growl.

"Maybe it has something to do with this," Bobby said as he reached up and grabbed her necklace. I could smell his burnt skin as he pulled away from the necklace; my wolf grinned happy with the pain it must have caused him.

Bobby let out a hissing noise, his mouth opened slightly, he grabbed her hair and yanked her head to the side exposing her neck to him. I took one last step then rammed my body into his, catching his neck in my teeth on the way to the ground. I picked him up by his neck and flung him into a tree; his skin shredding to pieces as it ripped through my teeth. Koda and Harlin jumped in and started ripping his body to shreds; the sound of his breaking bones and tearing flesh had my wolf purring with excitement. I look over to see Ali crawling her way back to the barn. I inform Koda and Harlin that I am going to go get her and I would see them back at home. I moved out of sight from her in the woods and phased back to human form. When I got up to the barn she was talking to Selena.

"Ok, well I will see if Georgia is ready to leave yet, if not I will find you another ride," Selena said as she rubbed Ali's shoulder trying to comfort her.

"I will take her home," I said, making Selena jump and spin around.

"Is that ok?" Selena asked turning her attention back to Ali; Ali simply shook her head yes.

"Ok, well call me or one of the girls tomorrow to let us know how you're doing," Selena said as she gave Ali a pat on the shoulder, and walked away.

"Are you ok to walk, or would you like me to carry you?" I asked wrapping an arm around her waist to steady her body.

"I can walk, let's get out of here please," she said looking back at the woods, as I led her to my truck.

"Are you ok?" I asked when I got in the truck.

"I'm not going to puke in your truck, just please take me home," she replied looking out the window.

I knew that she didn't want to talk and the rest of the trip was in silence. I tried to imagine what could be going through her head right now. Before tonight she thought that vampires and werewolves were fiction. I was at least taught from a young age that these creatures existed. I couldn't imagine how I would feel to have all that information dropped on me at once when I had went my whole life not having a clue. To top it off this wasn't even all the information that she would need to learn. She also had to someday face the fact that she was part werewolf too. I wish I could tell what she was thinking. I know it must be hard for her to get her head around all this. I told myself that I would send Tadeo to watch over her tonight. It would make him happy and I think it would make her feel safe. I walked her to her door and said goodbye before leaving.