"Oh," Asanté looked at his watch, he scratched the back of his neck as his eyes started to dart around in nothing in particular. "Wait here, a'ight?" he slowly backed up towards the entrance of the store.

     Luvie hesitated but nodded her head. She watched Asanté disappear into the store, leaving her standing in her spot. Her phone chimed and vibrated in her phone, making her reach into the back pocket of her jeans to grab it.

Tyra
Good morning girl! See you at school! (:

      Luvie read over the text, before reacting to it with a heart. She replied back with a 'good morning' text before stuffing her phone back in her pocket. As she continued to wait for Asanté, she drank the rest of her coffee.

     A few minutes later, Asanté came out of the store with a bottle of gatorade. "Do you want a ride to school?" he offered, twisting open the cap of his gatorade. Luvie cleared her throat, lightly scratching at her forearm.

     "U-um, you don't have to do that," Luvie meekly spoke, dropping her eyes down to the sidewalk.

     "Sure? It looks like it's about to rain," he pointed up at the sky, causing Luvie to look up. The darkening sky was blanketed with clouds, rays of sunshine barely peeking through.

    "Hmph," Luvie pushed air through her nostrils. The last thing she wanted to do was walk in the rain, if it did rain later on while she was in school, she would have to find herself a ride or wait until the rain let up.

     "Are you sure it won't be out the way?" Luvie finally brought her attention down to Asanté who was still awaiting an answer.

     He shook his head, fishing into his pocket for his keys. "Nah, the school is in the direction of my job anyway," he told her, unlocking his car. He opened the passenger door for Luvie, waiting for her to get in.

    "Okay," Luvie mumbled, approaching the car and getting in. Asanté shut the door once she was settled in and walked over to the driver's side. He got in and stuck the key into the ignition, starting up the engine.

     He shifted the gears and backed out of the parking space, before pulling out of the lot and onto the road. There was a silence that lingered over them in the car, Luvie gripped the bottle of her coffee.

      She was a bit nervous, as it was the first time that she let a guy drive her anywhere. Of course her brothers and her father had driven her plenty of places before, but they were family.

      It puzzled Luvie that just a few days ago, she held a dislike for Asanté but now here she was accepting rides from him. If someone had told her that she would eventually become cordial with Asanté, she would tell them that they're lying.

     "Hey, um, about last night–" Luvie started to say, until Asanté interjected.

     "Don't," he stopped her, keeping his attention on the road. Luvie bit down on her lip, looking out of the window. "Keep the sympathy, and don't feel bad either,"

     "It's just, I was wrong to treat you the way that I did. I didn't even really think of how your brother's actions affected you in the long run–and my friend tried to get me to but I didn't care," Luvie expressed, rubbing her thumb over the glass of the bottle.