"Ouch" a man's voice said.

"Oh, I'm sorry Rain!" I say stepping out of the room slowly and looking up at him as he holds his nose.

"You're all good Dakota. At least I know you're up" Rain said placing a hand on my shoulder. "Garden?" He asked me.

"Yeah! No one's in there right now and I wanted to go" I say sounding super happy! "I love the way the flowers look!" I scream.

"Okay, I get it you like gardens.... Mind if I tag along?" He asked. I grab is hand and try pulling him.

"Come on, come on!" I say letting go of his hand running down the long hallway.

"Okay, slow down Dakota" He said running next to me.

"Caught me if you can!" I yell as I slide down the stairs.

"Is that a challenge?" He asked.

"Yeah because-" I was cut off by him in front of me. "No fair! You have powers" I say.

"Someone's a sore loser" he said picking me up on his shoulders and uses his water to teleport us outside. "Now off we go" he said as he walks with me on his shoulders.

"It's such a nice day, I think it's gonna rain?" I ask

"Why? Do you want it to rain?" He asked.

"Nooooo not really, I'm already with you so I don't need anymore rain" I say

"How sweet of you" he said

"Soooo when do you think I'll get to go and watch the tournament?" I ask looking up

"Why do you ask?" He questions

"Well, you, Kotal, and Kitana all get to go see and never do" I say with a frown on my face.

"When the time is right Dakota, you will be there" He said as we enter the garden. He takes me off his shoulders and I go running to look at all the flowers.

"Rain look! This reminds me of you" I say holding a beautiful purple flower.

"Such a nice flower" he said kneeling. I put the flower behind his ear.

"It's a gift from me to you" I say

"I'll keep it forever" he said.

"Yay!" I say. I run around looking for other flowers. I stop and look at beautiful blue flowers. For flowers that haven't bloomed fully yet, their so pretty. I hear something moving around, so I go and look only to find a lizard and her babies.

"Woahhh" I stop a look at them. They don't seem to be scared or bothered by me. "Hiii there! Did you want to take a flower with you?" I ask the lizard thinking it would talk. But then one of the babies sat by me.

"I see you made some friends" Rain said as he sat on the beach behind me.

"You really think they'd want to be friends!?" I asked happily as all of the lizards come around me. I stand up and go sit by Rain as all of them follow.

"Looks like they like you, told you" Rain said as one of them jumps on him.

"It likes you too!!!" I say. He smiles and I have an even bigger smile. We sit and look at the view together and I go on and on about all the random thoughts I have.

"Hey Rain" I ask

"Yes, Dakota?" He asked

"Do you think the future will be bright for me?" I ask

"Why do you ask that?" He questioned

"I overheard father and Kitana the other day. Father doesn't think I have a good future" I said looking down.

"The future is most definitely bright for you" he said wrapping his arm around me giving me a hug. "You are more special then you think. You make everyone happy when you're around and that's a gift to have. I promise you one thing, the gods have blessed. But it's up to you to figure that out" he tells me. "Ready to go back?"

"Yeah, I had a good time today" I say as we both stand up. "Do you think I can keep them?" I ask

"I don't think you can" he said pointing to something. I look to see other lizard which they all run too.

"Ohhhhhh, you think that's the dad?" I ask

"Might be" he said

"Byeeee guys" I wave to them as they run under a tree. I'm guessing they live there. So it's a good thing I know they live close by.

"Looks like someone's having fun" I hear a female voice say.

"Kitana!!!" I yell as I run over to her giving her a big hug.

"I've missed you Dakota, did you have a good day with Rain?" She asked

"I did! He's the best. Don't tell Kotal or Jade I said that" I tell her. She laughs a little.

"Rain, thank you. You go on and take a break, you deserve it" she tells Rain.

"Princess, prince " he said taking a bow. I give him a hug before he goes.

"Bye Rain!! Thanks for everything" I say to him. He turns and smiles before teleporting away.

"So did you have a fun day?" Kitana asked me as we walk back to the castle.

"Yeah I did. I accidentally hit Rain with the door, and then we raced but ig I lost, then we sat and he listened to all my thoughts." I tell her as I go on and on.

"Sounds like you had a good day" she said

"Did you have a good day Kitana?" I ask

"It's much better now that I get to see you Kota" she said with a warm smile. We get inside and we tell each other about our day.

"Princess, you're needed" a guard said.

"Very well, Dakota go up to your room. I'll be there soon" she said kissing my forehead.

"Okay, be safe Kitana" I tell her.

I walk to my room a little sad Kitana already needed to be spoken too. But I know it shouldn't take long, she always makes sure she spends time with me and tomorrow I get to spend the whole day with her!! I open the door and go and lay on my bed. Moments later I hear a knock.

"Prince Dakota, may I?" A deep voice said

"Come in Kotal" I say

"I haven't seen you all day, thought I come through and say hi" Kotal said walking into my room.

"Because you've been out all day!! But you're protecting people so it's ok" I tell him.

"Have you practiced at all today?" He asked

"No, they wouldn't let me" I tell him looking down.

"Do you wanna go to the training field until Kitana is done?" He asked me.

"Really!!?" I asked standing on my bed

"Yea I will take you" he said

"Yay!" I said jumping up and down and then I fall off the bed.

"Wow now, slow down tiger" Kotal said catching me. "Don't get hurt now" he said setting me down. We leave the room to walk down to the training field.

I miss these days of happiness. Not saying I'm not happy but as a kid even tho my life wasn't the best I made the best of it. Half of my life was spent with Rain and Kotal but the times I had with Kitana I hold on too forever. I guess Rain was right, I was blessed, blessed to have people who love me in my life.

(End of Flashback)

~

Okay for you guys you may have just read this today but it's been a whole month or 2 since I last wrote my last chapter. But next chapter is a little prob gonna be something about Kai. I know there's a lot of flashbacks but idk how else to fill in the story. Soooooo enjoy:)