Chapter 57

(y/n)'s POV:

The next day when I woke up I did my morning routine as always and immediately went to check up on the patients who were in the most critical condition.

Tengen stood next to the door, leaning his back against the wall with crossed arms as if he was waiting for me.

After last night's events I didn't really want to talk to him, so I murmured a barely audible 'good morning' for him and I was ready to walk past him when he grabbed my upper arm.

Without greeting me back, he spoke. "Don't go inside."

"Tengen, I swear if this is going to be another confession from you I-"

He cut me off however. "Those people won't need your help anymore."

I raised my brows and looked back at him. He was avoiding eye contact for a small while. Hesitantly, but I asked: "What do you mean they won't need my help? I still couldn't cure them. I have to create an antidote."

He shook his head and turned to me with an apologetic look written over his face. "Sorry, I wasn't straightforward enough..." He inhaled. "They died..."

"What?" I whispered in disbelief, eyes widening out of surprisement.

"Go and rather take a look at the other patients." He insisted.

"But I have to go inside! My stuff is-"

He cut me off again. "Please, just go without them for now."

I grabbed the doorknob and opened the door. I couldn't properly do it however because Tengen immediately closed it back. But I was still able to see a glimpse of what awaited me there and I understood why he didn't want me to enter.

Due to the horrible sight I saw, I put my palm over my mouth out of instinctt to muffle my yelps which was caused by surprisement and fear.

Taking a step back I had to grab something for support or else I would fall. The nearest thing was Tengen himself and I tightly held onto his arm, still holding onto my mouth with my other hand.

"Why don't you ever listen to me?" He asked.

The stomach churning sight burned into my memory. The people who were alive yesterday turned unrecognisable. Blood was everywhere in the room. Literally. Their beds, the walls, the floor... as if they exploded like a bomb.

Only a millisecond glimpse was enough to see all of this. Tengen insisted to don't go inside for a reason, but being as stubborn as I always was, I didn't listen to him. I should have... because this was something that I will probably never forget.

What bothered me the most that I couldn't save those innocent people from a horrible death like this and if I won't act quickly, the same thing will happen to the other patients too. I knew I had to hurry or else this is going to be a disaster.

Only about a second left while I was thinking about these things, because the next moment everything went black. I fainted.

.
.
.

Slowly I cracked my eyes open, almost going blind by the sudden light I saw. Everything was blurry and the only thing I saw in front of myself was a shadow.

Gaining back my conciousness I noticed that I was lying on my back, but somehow it felt different. I was being moved. No... rather carried. Soon I remembered what happened. The sight, the bodies, blood... Altough I had no idea how much time could possibly pass since then.

With lazy eyes I looked up and saw Tengen's face from a lower angle. It was him who carried me, I figured.

Shit, why does my brain works so slow?