.Chapter 013.

LATE NIGHT TELEVISION was just re-runs of Charlie's Angels, and believe me, after a while that gets boring. Watching half-naked women "fight crime" is not entertaining.

I had cradled myself into a blanket off of the back of the couch, it wss soft and fluffy, giving me all the warmth I could ever need. I was comfortable, mostly, except for the fact that I was still in a bra, and wearing jeans. I didn't dare say a word about it, though.

Vance sat beside me, boredom filling his expression, the blue-light from the TV reflecting from his eyes. An unfamiliar heat began to rise in my cheeks as I stared, and my lips fought back the growing smile.

He turned to look at me, eyes wide and eyebrows raised. He grinned. Vance hopper grinned at me. "What, Vee?"

I jerked my face away. "Nothing, I'm just uh... I'm just realizing how dumb this show is. It's totally unrealistic!"

"I agree." Vance smiled, getting up to turn the signal nobs on the television. "Three's Company? No... The Brady Bunch? Absolutely not. Yes!"

Vance stopped the channel on The Muppet Show, and threw himself back into the couch.

"The Muppets? Really? What are you, fo-" I started.

"Sh! I'm watching this." He cut me off, intently watching the television.

I couldn't help but smile, and I didn't  fight it this time. My cheeks never lost their warmth as I studied the boy. He was alive with oblivious bliss, drowning in his childhood puppet show. He was real. He was beautiful. A beautiful boy.

We watched two episodes before I stood up from the couch, and stretched.

"What's wrong?" Vance asked me, following my movements with his eyes.

I shrugged. "I'm tired."

"Oh! Right, I've got the couch. And, uh.... those jeans can't be comfortable to sleep in?" He rambled, getting up as well.

I shook my head. "They aren't but I'll get by."

Before I knew it, Vance was dragging me by the wrist to his cluttered bedroom. He began to dig through a bucket of clothes, and pulled out a pair of plaid pjama pants, throwing them at me with a David Bowie shirt.

"I don't-" I began to fold the clothes into my arms.

"You deserve to be comfortable so um... yeah." He gave me an awkward thumbs-up with a wonky smile. "Good night, Vee!"

"Night, Vance." I smiled as the door was shut carefully behind him, and collapsed on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

What the Hell is happening to me?