chapter nine: whispered promises of love/ the birth of her. ❦

Start from the beginning

With love infesting the entirety of your heart, both you and Eren desire to be able to coddle your little girl within your arms, listening to the softness of her tone, her soft cries, the movement bestowed upon her smaller hand, and her pruney fingers, the moment she stirs awake as a newborn. The moment she allows her eyes to be greeted with the sight of her loving parents, and the loving gestures set to be applied to her — with every ounce of love that can contain her.

The two of you ache to encounter her, especially as you are days away from falling into the terrors of labour. An unknown terror as you are both ready to explore a whole different aspect of your relationship, through the delicate birth of your little girl, Sora-Umi. The both of you are so desperate to bring her home, within your tender arms, bestowing tender lullabies on her. And, tender, sewn, star, pastel outfits by Eren.

"To think Sora's going to be here in a few days," A softness captures your tone; your mind is caressed by the hold Eren has upon you.

"Well, the nursery has been empty for a long time, minus us cuddling up in there," Eren's tender words capture your best interest as his hands sculpt around your large baby bump. Sculpt around your bump as you smile at the mere sight of his broad hands.

"I'm just praying that giving birth isn't extremely painful," Eren cups your stomach further, "There's only so much I can handle, so I'm praying it isn't so bad that I wish to kill everyone," Eren's lips flourish with a chuckle at your words, only for you to softly sport a smile.

"Even if it is, I'm here, no matter what happens," With the intention of love, Eren dips you within his words — eliciting tears to form from the home of your eyes.

"Good, 'cause this is when you'll see way worse than what you've seen," You take a deep breath as you settle against him, "I'm trusting you with seeing me extremely vulnerable. Also, our daughter coming into this world." Eren's ears are so beautifully inspired by your words.

"I promise, I'm going to support you all the way," Eren's cheeks bloom with a tender crimson, "I love you and Sora more than anything, so I'll always be there, no matter what." Eren adds on; he glances at Sora kicking against your stomach.

"I love you more," Eren's eyes soften as he captures the moments with his eyes, "I'm so glad that every time she kicks, it's always such a beautiful thing," His words are soft. He cups your stomach, being aware of the festivity of the love he's likely to store for his unborn daughter.

"She's so eager to meet us, I love it," Eren's words are gentle. You both couldn't help but plan to spend the day at home, relishing the tender comfort of one another — all before you are fated to become parents to your little one.

"I just know she's going to be your mini-me," A gentle smile prods against your lips, "I just know I'll be looking at the two of you, side by side, crying because of how adorable you both look." You can't help but smile as Sora softly kicks your stomach, kicking upon a spot where Eren's fingers linger.

"It's cute knowing that there's going to be someone with my face," His soft sigh leaves you to slightly break free from his grasp, planting your lips upon his own — relishing the dad look he so effortlessly sports.

"I just want to see our little one already. I'm so ready to push her in a buggy, just to show her little self the world with us," Eren grows in awe at your words, observing you settling upon the cloud couch that lingers.

"Same, even though I wasn't expecting us to have a child this soon," Softly, he settles beside you — his smile tender as he brushes his nose upon your own.

"You said ten years, but had me pregnant during that moment," His fingers calm upon your ample stomach, "I was willing to welcome the idea, but I'm grateful that we have Sora." Tears ready themselves to spew out of your eyes.