the clock ticked loud in their heads as time moved past them, so they quickly dispersed to finish straightening out their uniforms, tying their ties, and packing their practice clothes away into their lockers.

ushijima, like usual, was first out the door. his locker slammed shut and he pushed past his team without glancing at them a second time.

by then, y/n had already deserted the door and started walking to her first class, but it seemed like ushijima caught up to her fairly quickly.

"you did a great job this morning," the team heard, albiet muffled.

"who do you think it is?" semi wondered.

"it has to be a girl in his class, right?" yamagata thought aloud. "he doesn't speak to any girls that i know of."

"maybe she goes to a different school?" goshiki asked.

"no," shirabu shook his head. "he said that they walk together to their class. so she's in his class."

"he walks to class with y/n, doesn't he..." as tendou finally found the name that everybody was looking for, he regretted his words once kawanishi dashed out the door, head hung low and half-finished tie hanging around his neck.

ohira brought his hand down on the back of tendou's head, hitting him roughly in frustration.

"now, look at what you've done." the tanned male scorned. "you did the one thing that i told you not to do."

"we were all going to get there eventually! including him!" while tendou attempted to defend himself, he was just as ashamed as he felt he should've been.

"i really hope taichi will be alright," semi said to himself.

the team nodded silently, sharing the sentiment and semi's sympathy.

-

kawanishi ran through the third year classroom corridors in a nervous sweat. he ignored the plethora of gazes and upset glares he attracted as he pushed past people.

by then, he had one mission. the moment that it was realized, that ushijima wakatoshi somehow had a crush on the same girl that kawanishi had been in love with for over a year now, all the ginger boy wanted to do was find his upperclassman and find the truth out for himself.

kawanishi wondered how he could be so unlucky. he wondered how impossible it was that the girl that he could've had all to himself was suddenly the main attraction in all of shiritorizawa, and how impossible it was that the densest student in the school would have a crush on her, after showing no interest in love ever.

he also wondered how impossible it would be that, somehow, tenma y/n would feel the same.

kawanishi caught of glimpse of ushijima's short olive green hair, so he reached out and clasped his calloused hand on the ace's shoulder.

ushijima turned around blankly, continuing to look down on kawanishi like he always did. y/n turned as well, growing worried as she saw kawanishi's bright red face and dog-like pant.

"taichi, are you alright?" she cried loudly. her eyebrows angled down in worry as she kneeled down to meet eyes with kawanishi.

"yes, yes. i'm alright, tenma. i just need to talk to wakatoshi about something." kawanishi looked up at ushijima expectantly, with a look screaming for the third year male to say yes.

ushijima looked between kawanishi and y/n.

"i don't want to be late to class," ushijima replied.

"it really seems important," y/n whispered. "i mean... he ran all the way out to the third year classes for it." ushijima huffed and y/n laughed at how immature it was. "i'll tell the teacher that coach washijo kept you a little after practice, okay?"