y/n quickly dialed the number and pushed herself up, pacing the room as she held her phone up to her ear. she perked up instantly as the line stopped trilling, almost stopping in her tracks.

"hello, yes. um, i'm calling about one of your patients? her name's clara. she might be going either by her maiden name, y/l/n, or robinson." y/n spoke into the phone, running her hand over her face.

she nodded to herself as the person over the phone spoke and a sudden sigh of relief escapes her lips. "thank you. thank you so much. do you guys take visitors?" her voice was getting weaker as tears sprung in her eyes.

she smiled gently as she nodded again. "okay. thank you so so much. alright, bye." y/n let out a shaky sigh as she pulled her phone away from her ear. she shoved her face into her hands as she started to cry, but i knew they were happy tears over sad ones.

   i smiled at her and walked up to her, wrapping my arms around her waist. y/n let her hands fall from her face so i reached up and pecked her lips gently. she tangled her hand in my hair as she kissed me back with all of her might.

   "will you come with me tomorrow? i want you to meet her." y/n asked with a hopeful glint in her eye. i smiled up at her and grabbed one of her hands, squeezing it tightly.

   "of course i will, silly."

   y/n's lips spread into a wide and goofy smile as she wrapped me up into a hug, hoisting me up. she swung me around as she hollered. "i'm so excited!"

   i giggled as she pressed little kisses to my neck before she set me down. y/n's hands looped around and gently pushed into my stomach, making my heart flutter.

   i shook my head as i looked into her eyes. "how about lunch?"

——

   the next morning, i had to drive us over to the rehab center because y/n was shaking so badly. she hadn't taken her anxiety medication for a while because she just hadn't needed it, but i made sure she took some before we left.

   i held her hand the entire way there and as i found a parking spot. unlike usual, i was the first to get out of the car and help y/n out. the look on her face made it look like she was about to shit herself, making me chuckle a little.

   i kissed her cheek as we walked up to the entrance of the building. "it's gonna be great. i'm right here with you, love." i reassured her, rubbing my hand against her bare arm.

   y/n blew out a puff of air from her cheeks and nodded to herself. "yeah, yeah. thanks." she stuttered out as i opened the door for us, letting her in first.

   there was an older woman sitting at the front desk that sent us a small smile as we walked up to her. y/n wiped her hands on her jeans as she stepped up to her, returning the smile.

   "uh, hi. i'm here to see clara y/l/n? um, i'm her daughter." she loosely introduced herself as she pulled out her license and showed it to the woman.

   the woman's smile grew inches as she stared at y/n. "you look just like your mother. she talks a lot about you, sweetheart." she winked, handing y/n her license back.

   y/n nodded sheepishly as she shoved the card back into her wallet. "okay. so first we're going to have you both go through security just to make sure you aren't bringing in anything that can be seen as harmful to our patients. then someone will lead you to where you can find your mother. i hope it goes well, honey. she's going to be so excited to see you."

   i sent the woman a small grin as we walked away and to security. y/n went first and the guy stepped up to her, patting her down. she looked at me with wide eyes and a small giggle.