42

'I musts say, I'm impressed by your work. It takes a lot to be able to disform someone to such an extent that they are practically inhumane.' Muta's compliment made me smile.

"Thank you! My motivation for this was the hunch back of Notre Dame." Moreau muttered in his confused, dazed fog of consciousness. It was like a fish out of water. My head tilted to the side in curiosity. I wonder what the cadou made him capable of. He had enough of it in him. I think ten might have been a bit much though. Waterlogged colored eyes opened up. The scum colored hair that was left on his head moved slightly. Crooked teeth barely matched the fish-lipped mouth. His groan was unearthly. Cadou sprouted out of him and created a hunched back while the rest turned his skin into the same color as murky water. He really was like a fish. A rather lame one at that.

"Moreau? Are you awake?"

"M-M-M-Moth-ther?" His words slurred as they fell out. A cruel smile crawled across my face.

"Yes, yes. It's me. Mother Miranda. Do you remember me?" A childlike smile graced his face.

"MOthEr!" He shouted out happily. "Goddessss"

'It seems he doesn't remember much,' Muta commented. 'The cadou may have affected his cognition and memory.' I nodded.

"That's perfect. He's usable for the damn." Moreau tugged against the chains that bound him to the table. "No, no, don't try that." I tried to sound as sweet as possible. Moreau instantly stopped. He was similar to a controllable pet. It was perfect. "We need to get Isabella to see you. All you have to do is stay put and be nice to her when she comes."

"I-I-Isabella?" I nodded. "Ooookay."

"I'll be right back." I trotted upstairs and found Isabella in the kitchen. She picked at the breakfast I left in the oven for her. Her eyes were somewhere far away. I tiptoed over to her. Forest eyes stared out of the window. I smiled softly as she absentmindedly ate another bite of breakfast. At least she liked the food. My hand fell to her upper back and shook her slightly. Isabella jumped back in her chair and eyes stared up at me. Amusement crept across my face as I waved with a free hand.

"Good morning my love. How did you sleep?"

"M-Miranda! Don't scare me like that! I could have clawed you."

"Noted for next time."

"Why are you up so early? You were up early enough to make me breakfast for goodness sake."

"You say that as if you don't like the food."

"No, it's not that. It's just...odd. It's very rare that you are up before nine willingly."

"I had a surprise to make for you."

"Surprise? Did you handle Moreau like I wanted you to."

"Just as you wanted me to." My hands motioned toward the stairs. "Come down to the lab with me? I think you'll love what I did." Isabella raised a curious brow but entertained me enough to follow. Her neutral stare was comforting. I led us down to the lab. A gasp escaped Isabella's neutral face as she walked past me. "I had it done by the end of the night. But it did take a while to stabilize him." I could not tell if she ignored my comment or just had no reply to give. Forest eyes analyzed Moreau.

"Y-You I-I-Isabella?" Isabella slowly nodded as she took a large step back.

"What did you do to him?"

"I gave him a lot of the cadou that I had stocked away," I admitted as she I walked up to her side. "He will be dealing with all of that the rest of his life. And it seems he is a rather mindless man under my control. Well, our control." Isabella nodded as she looked him over. A smile graced her lips for a split second before they turned back to their original place.