Jon turned his brother to look at the closest entrance. "There she is, back at school" Jon told him. Emma walked into the building with a dark grey beanie with Saturn stitched into it and dark pastel blue hair. Her clothes consisted of a wine hoodie with white stripes, black ripped jeans and her flash converse.

Jordan was taken aback by her new look. Her hair perfectly framed her face and the new colour made her eyes brighter. She looked like an angel. A sad angel.

Jordan watched how her face remained in a sad neutral state as she opened her locker and took out her books. He noticed her earphones and wondered what song was playing. She looked in his direction, their eyes met for a split moment before she turned away again and left the hallway in a rush.

"She's back" Jordan formed a lovesick smile. Jon rolled his eyes at his brother. "And completely ignoring you too" Jon added, patting his back. "Why would Emma be ignoring you?".

The twins jumped at Sarah's voice, turning to face the girl. Sarah looked at them with curiosity. "Jordan screwed up with Emma, now he trying to win her heart" Jon summed up with a shrug. Jordan hit his brother's side. "Dude" He groaned with his cheeks turning red.

Sarah smiled at his reaction. "I can always talk with her, and see if she's willing to give you a second chance?" Sarah suggested it to her friend. Jordan looked at the girl with hopeful eyes. "You'd really do that?" He asked her. Sarah nodded before the school bell rang. "Tomorrow night at the food booths!" Sarah called before running to class.

<><><>

Emma sat in the music room, strumming on an electric guitar. She kept mumbling words as she gently matched them to the chords. "When you look at me, I'll have to turn my face. If I look too long, I'll never look away" She sang softly before she stopped strumming the guitar and wrote something in her notebook.

"That sounded beautiful"

Emma jumped at the voice, messing up her writing. "Shit" She cursed softly before turning her head to see Sarah Cushing. "Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt" Sarah apologised to her, sitting across from her.

Emma only shook her head before setting down her pen. "No, it's okay, just trying to figure out something" Emma told her, picking up her forgotten guitar pick. "What are you working on?" Sarah asked her, curious about the girl's hidden talents.

Emma smiled at her, "My aunt signed me up to perform at Harvest Fest tomorrow night and with my brilliant brain said I'd sing an original song" Emma mocked herself, making Sarah laugh. "You have an aunt in Smallville? Sarah asked, unaware of the girl's family. Emma nodded while biting her lip. "Only found out recently, my birth mother is very secretive" Emma explained to Sarah loosely. Sarah nodded before asking another question. "You're adopted? How come you're not with them?".

Emma hesitated for a moment, remembering the cover story Sienna had told her. "They died a couple weeks ago, I've been settling in with my aunt since" She half lied to Sarah, feeling a bit guilty for doing so. Sarah made the 'oh' face before trying to change the subject.

"You write music? That's so cool" She commented as Emma stummed away at the guitar, getting the chords to match her lyrics.

Sarah took her chance to ask about Jordan. "What's the song about?" Sarah asked her. Emma pursed her lips before answering. "A boy I have a massive crush on" She told her half-heartedly, leaving out major details. "You mean Jordan, don't you?" Sarah raised her eyebrows before Emma deflated in front of her. "It seems I'm not as subtle as I like to think I am" Emma groaned at the question as she scribbled out a couple lines.