𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Sitting." He answered with a shrug of his shoulders. "This could well be my chair one day." He added, face hidden by the shadows of the throne room, the only source of light being the tall glass window behind the Iron Throne.

"Not if you're executed for treason." Rhaerys scoffed. "You haven't come to court in an age." She added as she settled in place a distance away from where her uncle had been seated.

"Aye... Court is so dreadfully boring." Daemon said with a sigh.

"Then why come back at all?" Rhaerys asked in confusion as her brows furrowed slightly.

"I heard your father was hosting a tournament in my honor." He said smugly.

"The tournament is for his heir." Rhaerys corrected as she smiled, amused by her uncles words.

"Mm, Just as I said." Daemon said as he leaned forward in the seat of the throne.

This action caused Rhaerys to see his face more clearly. He sat with his leg as crossed as his knee supported his arms as he leaned forward.

"His new heir." Rhaerys said firmly.

"Until your mother brings forth a son... You are all cursed with me." Daemon said with a smirk as he stood from the throne and began to decend the steps towards his dear niece.

"Then I shall hope for a brother." Rhaerys said as Daemon stood firmly in front of her.

Ending their Valyrian conversation, Daemon spoke with a smile, "I brought you something." He smiled down at her before holding out his palm that held a dangling necklace that Rhaerys quickly grabbed hold of and observed.

"Do you know what it is?" He asked her after a moment.

Nodding her head, "It's Valyrian steel." Rhaerys confirmed. "Like Dark Sister." She added, referring to Daemon's sword.

Daemon snatched the necklace from her grasp and eyed her for several moments. "Turn around." He told her.

Rhaerys watched her uncle with a confusing stare before doing as told, removing her hair from her neck so that she could remove the necklace that her neck had already supported.

Daemon stepped closer so that he could place the Valyrian steel necklace around her neck. "Now..." He said as the necklace was settled into place slowly which caused the hairs on her arms to stand at the coldness.

"You and I both own a small piece of our ancestry"He added whilst clasping the necklace.

Letting her hair fall back down into place, Rhaerys turned back to face her uncle and watched him survey her.

"Gevie." He said, causing a bright smile to settle upon the face of Rhaerys.

After the meeting with her uncle, Rhaerys retired to her chambers for reading.

But when she sat up in her bed gasping for hair as her silver hair had been matted with sweat, she came to the conclusion that she had fallen asleep.

Rhaerys had always dreamed frightening things, she remembered the times where her younger self would wake in fright from a dream of where she had been in the belly of a dragon whilst she screamed in Valyrian words that she could never make out, or where she'd see herself in a half dragon form seated upon the Iron Throne and run to crawl into bed with her mother and father.

These are what caused Rhaerys's burning hatred for the Iron Throne, and she could see what it had been doing to her family.

The Iron Throne was cursed, and it would ruin anyone who sat upon it.

This dream that she had awoken from in particular had been the most frightening thing she'd ever dreamt in her lifetime.

She dreamed of her mother lying in bed, practically screaming for dear life as she lied in a pool of her own blood.

Rhaerys always wondered if her dreams meant anything, and over the countless years, she'd often wondered if her dreams would come true. They never had.

"It will not come true." Rhaerys muttered to herself as she settled her head into her palms. This is what she often told herself. "Mother will be fine." She assured herself.

Rhaerys soon then found herself hurrying to ready for the tournament that she would have slept through if it had not been for the dream.

note: i'll try and write two chapters tomorrow after school if i have time to. who's watching the new episode that premieres tonight? :)

high valyrian conversations will be written in italics.

our Rhaerys is a dreamer, and i will absolutely hate writing her first dream to come true.