Chapter 7

.....

One Step Closer

.....

Another two months had passed and not even one of their friends knew that they were together. Ross and Rachel were getting really great at keeping the gang under the radar and the pair weren't that much careful either. They were getting bolder by days... sneaking kisses when they hung out together and their friends' attention wasn't focused on them, holding hands when they were hanging out at the coffee house, having sex with the door unlocked, etc.

Maybe this was luck or maybe they were better at hiding this than Chandler and Monica were.

Nonetheless, after seven months of keeping it a secret from the rest of the gang, no one suspected a thing.

They were literally attached to the hip, but yet their friends didn't seem to notice it or raised questions about it either.

Monica and Chandler were probably swamped as the wedding was getting near, Joey was too nonchalant about everything going on around him and Rachel was usually already home by the time Joey woke up in the morning, so maybe he didn't even realize that Rachel hadn't spent a night in their apartment since almost two months ago.

Meanwhile, Phoebe... well, she actually joined a real book club and it had been keeping her busy lately.

"Mmm..." Rachel's moan filled the entire apartment as she let Ross place kisses all over her sensitive skin

Tonight was one of those rare nights where Ross and Rachel could do literally anything they wanted in her apartment without the fear of being caught.

Monica and Chandler were out having dinner with Chandler's mom and they wouldn't come back until midnight.

Joey had a date with his co-star, so he won't come home at all tonight.

Meanwhile, Phoebe had gone to this real book club Rachel had introduced her to and said something about going straight home afterwards.

Everyone was busy tonight and it meant Rachel could have her own apartment for themselves.

She had a really bad day at work and was more than ready to spend the night curled in her bed, with her man, and do nothing at all. But to her surprise, when she came home tonight, Ross was already here, waiting for her with dinner he picked up from her favorite Italian place, a soft smile plastered on his face as he opened his arms for her. She immediately sobbed as she saw him there and ran straight into his arms, letting him soothe and comfort her as they hugged.

They had eaten their dinner and Rachel ranted to him the whole time about her bad day. He just sat there, listening attentively to her and did exactly what she needed him to do.

Feeling better after venting her frustration out, they moved to the couch and cuddled as they watched TV.

Some time during the movie, Rachel noticed Ross' hand slowly moving from its original place on her waist, to her breasts, and one thing led to another, now she was half-naked on the couch, her top and bra discarded somewhere on the floor, with Ross hovering on top of her.

"God, you're so beautiful" He murmured softly against her lips as he brought his lips back to hers

"I love you" She looked intensely into his darkened eyes and felt her heart burst with so much love she possessed over this man