Dinner Dates

It had been a couple weeks since movie night with Joe. I really had not seen him much except for filming. We only had a few more scenes before we would be finished and wrapping season 4.

Over the course of this time Joe and Sarah were spending more and more time together. He really seemed to like her and from what I heard from Maya, Joe was really starting to fall for her. Which hurt that I had to hear it from Maya and not Joe. Tonight would be our first time meeting her, Joe had put together a dinner for all of us.

While I was not overly excited about dinner, Rudy was flying in and would be there. That part did excite me. I have not seen him since the last time he visited, that was the hard part of filming.

His flight would not arrive until around 7:30 and dinner was at 8. He assured me to go to dinner and he would be there as soon as he could. The dinner was going to be a s group, Rudy and I, Charlie and Nat, Mya and Spencer, then of course Joe and Sarah.

While I would not admit it out loud, I did put in extra effort into my appearance tonight. I had my long brown hair in loose curls. I left my makeup very natural, my dress a silky red strapless dress that I have never worn before.

**********

liked by rudeth, maya_hawke, gatenm123, milliebobbiebrown, zendaya, jacobelordi, and 76,675 othersPhoto cred: maya_hawke

Photo cred: maya_hawke

emmybaby Felt cute, might delete later

user1 Gorgeous

rudeth I have the most beautiful girlfriend
emmybaby ❤️

uncle_jeezy I never get photo cred
emmybaby you never take good pictures

maya_hawke if @rudeth does not hurry and get here I might steal his girlfriend
rudeth I'm in my uber now!

user2 I love how the cast hangs out together irl

user3 awwee a rudy/emerson reunion, they are so cute together
user4 Joe and Emerson all the way

gatenm123 i never get invited anywhere
noahschnapp  supposedly we are still "children"
emmybaby hush it children, now go to bed on time, Love you

*********

I get off instagram and put my phone down. Since getting to the restaurant, I avoided having to speak to Sarah. So naturally when we were all seated, Joe managed to get her next to me.

I was over the moon when Rudy walked in. He gave a kiss on the cheek and said hi to everyone before he sat down.

"That picture did not do you justice, I can't wait to get you out of this dress later" he whispered in my ear.

I could feel my face heat up ,"We could always go now" I replied.

"Good things come to those who wait for it my love," he says as he winks at me.

"Emerson?"

I sighed, here it comes. I turn to look at Sarah. She was a pretty girl, more like stunning. I force a smile at her.

"Hi, I"m Sarah. I have been so nervous to meet you. Joe talks about you all the time." she says with a sweet smile on her face.

"I hope it was all good things" I say dryly, taking a drink of my wine.

"Oh of course, I'll admit I was a little jealous or intimidated by your friendship with Joe, but then I saw your boyfriend," she says, glancing at Rudy.

Rudy notices and reaches his hand across and greets her and shakes her hand. The two talk over me, I continue to drink my wine and order another while trying to figure out why I don't like this girl.

It was like I was an extra in a show. Everyone around me was having a great time, I should be two. I was with my best friends, my amazing boyfriend. I lived a life others wish they could and I was miserable in that moment.

When Sarah would try to talk to me or ask questions, I would answer in one word or quickly. Didn't even realize I had had 4 glasses of wine and we have not even ate yet.

"You okay, you seem off", Rudy whispers to me.

I brush his cheek with my hand, "I am fine" with the same fake smile from earlier "I think I had too much wine too soon, I just need some fresh air.

I excuse myself from the table and step outside. What the fuck is wrong with me? I walk about half a block from the restaurant to put space between us. When I stop walking I hear someone jog up and grab my arm, it was Joe.