Chapter 13 Duel King - Jack Atlas

Start from the beginning

"Damn! Why didn't I fuse with him? I want to duel Jack Atlas, too!" Yugo groans in frustration.

"I don't know why he was chosen as Jack's opponent, but I feel bad for him." Rua says.

"How come?" Vivian asks.

"He's a sacrifice for the King." Rua says.

"A sacrifice?" Ryu asks.

"Do you know why there's an exhibition match before the Friendship Cup officially begins? It's to show everyone the King's strength. The King doesn't participate in the main event. That means the Friendship Cup is a tournament to earn the right to challenge the King. The eve of the festival is meant to show the height of that summit. Every year, Jack's opponents get a total beating, driving the rest of the participants to reach that height. Well, it's something like a practice." Rua says.

"A total beating..." Katrina mutters.

"That's why opponents for the exhibition match are called sacrifices." Risu adds.

"Brother can handle it since he is also one of the strongest in Miami." Yuni says. "He won't lose to him."

Melissa says, "Now, this is what everyone's been waiting for! The King's entrance The city bowed down before that power, that majesty! While his origins lie with the Commons, he stormed along the road to success like a rising dragon! The living legend who rose to the summit of duelists! Our Duel King, Jack Atlas!"

As Jack appears with his D-Wheel to the field, he points towards the sky in his signature pose, declaring, "There is only one king, and that is me!"

Jack turns to Yuya and says, "I have seen you before, you were at the orphanage as well, right? Judging by the name, you are no doubt that you are her brother." Yuya knows that he is referring to Yuni. "I will be looking forward to this duel, do not make me upset."

Yuya says, "I am not going to."

Everyone cheers for Jack, then Jack asks the crowd, "Here's a question for everyone! Tonight, how many turns will I take to defeat this guy here?"

Yuya is surprised that he will be asking the question. Then the crowd says that he can beat him in one turn.

Jack says, "The King's duel can only be entertainment! Turn 1! The first turn is mine for the taking! When that curtain is raised..." He extends a second finger, explaining, "Turn 2! My opponent will put forth his best highlights..." Then he extends the third finger, explaining, "Turn 3! Lastly, I surpass him and show him the difference between his power and my overwhelming strength!"

Yuya says, "We'll see about that, I'm not the one who will be taking it lightly. I'll show you that I can survive over three turns!"

Yuni says, "He sure is confident."

"That is Jack for you." Risu says. "But I am curious if Yuya can prove to Jack that he can exceed more turns."

Melissa says, "First up, let's activate the Field Magic! In addition, from now on, a portion of the rules will be changed. An Action Field - What's that?"

"Action Field..." Yuzu asks, "You did this, didn't you?"

"Of course, dueling is evolving every day, and it is also time to bring Action Duels into the tournament." Yuni smirks.

"I'm not really sure what this is, but... Action Field, on! Crossover Accel!" A yellow pulse spreads across the sky, and the Action Cards scatter. The holographic starting board appears in front of the Duelists and counts down, and Melissa declares, "Riding Duel: Acceleration!"

Yuya and Jack start with a cry of "Duel!" as the duel starts. (Yuya:4000)(Jack:4000)

As Jack moves forward and gets the first turn, Melissa yells, "Just like he predicted, he got the first turn!"