Mayday, Mayday

- Derelict UNSC Frigate -
- Unknown Space -

Spartans... Soldiers, Protectors, Saviors of Humanity.

There is a common misconception about these Spartans, and that's how most consider them to be inhuman, machines, or monsters.

Yet they don't realize just how much a Spartan has sacrificed, life... Limb, even friends.

Zion-101, Spartan Commander Ulz - Is one of the Spartans who've sacrificed everything, he lost his entire left arm in the Human-Covenant War, then lost his leg to the Brutes on Installation 07.

And now, he may very well have lost his life, frozen for god knows how long within his ship, Peace of Sanghelios, a Human-Sangheili frigate.

A bit away from his cryo-pod, is a pylon jutting from the floor, a small holographic woman appears on it, she glows a emerald green.

"They told me I could pick, y'know..." She begins, stepping off of the pylon, she reappears standing at 5'7" her holographic hair is short, almost in a bobcut, dark lines trailed her body, much like an older model of one Cortana.

"Cortana picked John... I picked you, do you know why?" She now stands infront of his cryopod, slowly she lifts a hand, placing it gently on the glass.

"You were strong, fast, you feared nothing... Even when you lost your arm as an ODST..." She glances at the synthetic limb, a sad look on her face.

"You fought, you've been knocked down so many times... That's why I picked you."

"You keep getting back up."

A ship-wide alert breaks her monologue, she returns to the pylon, pulling a few holographic screens from the void, one alerts her to an unknown inbound spacecraft.

The Peace of Sanghelios has no active systems, guns don't work, engines burnt out, only one life sign aboard.

"Looks like I need you..." She begins the override, the cryopod hissing as it begins to thaw out its inhabitant.

A gasp comes from within, the muffled sound of movement is heard, then the hatch hisses open, releasing frost into the air.

Out steps a Spartan, MK.VII - Rakshasa.

"What's... The occasion?" He asks, a hitch to his breath, he checks his armour and metal hand, then approaches the pylon.

"You told me to wake you when I needed you, and right now..." She shows him a screen, a radar with a number of blinking dots on it, "I really need you."

"Possible Covenant?"

"Unclear, more likely the Banished..."

The Spartan nods, walking over to an in-wall armory, which holds his MA40 Assault Rifle, and M392 Bandit Rifle.

As he turns to face the AI, the Crusier is shook, "That was too light for weapons fire... Boarding team?"

"Looks like it, huh... That's odd, the Boarders don't have a Heat signature."

"Forerunner then?" The AI shrugs.

"Alright, pull me and we'll deal with them." The Spartan reaches the pylon, pulling a small chip from the machine, a glowing green orb fixed to the center.