Chapter 19.5- A Convincing Bloom

After (Y/n) visited the Aoyagi's, the father had taken off the handcuffs but didn't allow Toya to leave the house. He tried his best to (Y/n)'s every word but had no luck.

Flashback

'Take it easy on him, 'kay? And let him at least have some freedom.'

'No worries, I'll take your advice.'

Flashback end

'What should I do?' he puzzledly thought.

The father stared at the pack of clay the (h/c) girl had left for them and knew what to do. He played around with the clay until he had an idea.

'She didn't specifically tell me what I should do for a base, right?' he wondered.

He wet his hands and began sculpting the base.

	While Toya's father was busy with the clay, Toya came from behind him and tapped his shoulder

"What are you doing?"

"Something (Y/n) assigned us to, is something wrong?"

"Well.." Toya looked away from his eyes, "Apparently, (Y/n) sent me a text yesterday and told me that I should check the mailbox today since she sent me something."

"You're not going anywhere; stay here, and I'll get it."

The father arose from his seat and left the room, giving the boy a chance to look at what he was doing.

"What was he doing with clay?"

Before he could inspect some more, his father entered with a stack of papers and letters.

"Now then, which one is your friend..."

He kept flipping through the stack and eventually found it at the bottom.

"Here."

Toya's father gave his son the letter, but his son instead offered it to him, making him confused.

"It says you should be the read it."

"Hmm, oh, alright..."

He grumbled a little but read the entire letter.

"Ah, it's just a rundown on what she told me," he thought until he reached the postscript section.

'P.S.,

That tree branch, however, is meant for your son. The tiny petals are the equivalent of a small blooming hope; however, because it's a broken-off stick, it will perish eventually. That's all I wanted to say.'

"She really is something, huh?"

"What do you mean?"

"Hm? Oh, right, have this. It's some instructions (Y/n) gave to me so you could help-"

"Help? Not in that way, right?"

"Nope, just read it?"

Toya swiftly read the note and locked eyes with his father.

"So, you want me to help you with a sculpture?"

"Mhm, she told me to do so."

"Okay."

The multi-blue boy sat next to him and began shaping the top of the sculpture but didn't know what he should do.

"Don't think too hard on it."

"..."

The son understood his words and began to find the answer.

"Here, let me assist."

"Are you sure?"

"Like this."

"H-hey!"

They exchanged a couple of laughs and enjoyment from their experience, making Toya's father smile a little. After the two finished their piece, Toya decided to take a picture.

<Toya sent an image>

	<(Y/n)> 'Ah~! Love it!'

<Toya> 'What do you want me to do about it?'

<(Y/n)> 'You keep and admire it with your father.'

<Toya> 'Speaking of my father, he's acting nicer today.'

<(Y/n)> 'Oh, that's good! Keep it up!'

<Toya> 'Hm, okay.'

_________________________________________________________

I think I made the images too big- but oh well. Oh, um, by the way, thank you guys for 5K views! The 5K special is coming soon, but I need to post two more chapters since it would fit right in place. Finally, since this story's coming to a slow close, I wanted to make more stories, but you guys pick, so keep your eyes open!

- 8/27/22