Chapter Forty-Nine.

Start from the beginning

"Precisely," Remus said sternly. "Luckily you two are law-abiding girls."

"I'll maliciously follow the law," (Y/n) said. Remus smiled and shook his head.

"(Y/n)," Tonks sang from just outside the door.

"Oh, no," (Y/n) whispered, setting her glass down and quickly turning into a fox before hiding beneath the couch. Mary and Hermione quickly picked up a covering conversation. Tonks poked their head into the room and scanned the area. Then, they pursed their lips, shrugged, and continued their search for (Y/n).

Remus was plenty aware of (Y/n)'s avoiding of Anastasia for the past few hours. By two am, almost all of the extra guests were gone and now there was pleasant chatting and wine being distributed. (Y/n)'s headphones had gone on the second the music was turned down just to be background noise.

"You don't have to stay here, you know?" Remus said. "We can leave now."

"No," (Y/n) whispered. "I've got breakfast with Fleur in the morning and I don't want to need to go all the way to Korea and back here and then back to Korea again." With how often (Y/n)'s eyes flicked over to Anastasia and how tense she looked, Remus knew something was up and he knew that getting (Y/n) her mother's journals might have been the worst way to ease her mind.

"Well... I'll be back," Remus said, getting up. "It'd be great if you could get a nap sometime this morning." (Y/n) watched Remus go.

"Boo," Bill greeted, sitting on the stool beside (Y/n). He leaned back against the centre counter, propping his arms up on it and tilting his head back to stare at (Y/n).

"Hey," (Y/n) greeted, holding up a peace sign.

"Fleur's mentioned that you two are meeting up tomorrow... Today, I guess," Bill said.

"We are," (Y/n) smiled. "It's nice to finally be in positions that we can actually meet outside of school."

"You officially met during the Triwizard Tournament, right?"

"Yeah," (Y/n) confirmed. "We could've met before then but were never in the same place at the same time... Now we are! As long as I get my Apparation license, meeting up will be far easier." The two fell into a momentary silence.

"Is Hounds of Love about someone being in a coma?" Bill ventured to ask. 

"Hm?" (Y/n) hummed, finally looking over at Bill. "Oh. Yeah," she nodded, smiling. "Did you listen to it?"

"Borrowed it from Tonks."

"Ah," (Y/n) mused.

"Is there... someone you want to swap places with or do you just like Kate Bush?"

"Both," (Y/n) admitted. "Kate Bush is to die for and I'd die in place of several people." She could feel Bill's curious eyes. "Cassius Warrington," she said quietly.

"I figured," Bill said, equally as quiet.

"That name wouldn't be mentioned once if I hadn't dated him," (Y/n) said. "I can't help but think if I was the one to die instead... maybe something more would happen. Maybe there'd be full-on riots and people would force Fudge to see that He's back. Maybe people would take a mourning man more seriously than a hysterical girl. Maybe I hold myself too highly and if you tell me to shut up, I will." But Bill didn't say anything and (Y/n)'s train of thought had run out of coal for Bill was not only still listening but he was giving her his full attention. "What're you doing?" (Y/n)'s face was growing warm.

"What? What d'you mean? I'm just listening," Bill said simply.

"Don't do that," (Y/n) said sharply. "I might admit something I don't want to in my rambling." Bewilderment crossed Bill's face.