I'm Sorry..

I stayed out late again.

She always worries...... i'm her son after all.. makes sense..

She then started screaming, as she always does. Why can't she just leave me alone..?

"What's wrong with you!? I have no idea what you could be doing out there! You could be doing drugs for all I know! I make curfews for a reason!"

Accusations...typical

She just kept on screaming. My older sister, Donna and older brother, Levi came down. They obviously couldn't sleep with mom's voice booming around the house.

She started poking my chest, still screaming. She then threatened to kick me out.

That's the last straw. I was completely enraged. Her constant prodding of my chest made it worse. Why can't she just leave me alone?!

"Can you just leave me alone!? I'm not your little baby anymore!"

I pushed her and she fell on her back. There was a loud crash. She fell on our glass coffee table, shards cutting deep through her head. I had forgotten it was there. How could I have forgotten? I guess I was too engulfed in the fight. Everyone was screaming. I don't know what to do..
Levi was currently trying to get mother up, and Donna was on the phone shrieking. She was probably calling an ambulance. It had taken me a while to realize that I was just standing still, not moving. I even forgot to breathe.

Once Donna finished talking on the phone, she sent me a hateful glare that sent shivers down my spine.

"What's wrong with you!? Why do you always have to ruin everything and cause trouble!? What were you thinking?! God, you're the worst!"

I put my head down, not wanting to look at her in the eyes.

"How about you make yourself useful and get something to stop the bleeding through her head instead of standing there like an idiot!"

I rushed over to the bathroom and dug through our medicine cabinet until I found the gauze roll that I thought we were never going to use.

I ran back over to Donna and handed her the roll so she could wrap it around mother's head.

As she applied pressure through her head, I could see her tearing up. Why is it always me? Why is it always me causing all the pain. I just want to make them happy for once.

"What the hell is wrong with you dude?! Why can't you just listen to her for once! She's just looking out for you! And this is how you repay her? By giving her a head trauma?! Stop trying to be so grown up Rufen, you're just 16 for pete's sake!"

I know I had no way to justify my actions, but i'm too stubborn to keep my mouth shut.

"I don't know okay?! I was just pissed and she kept on screaming at me! I just wanted her to leave me alone!"

"Yeah, because that's a good reason to shove your own MOTHER down to the floor!" Levi barked.

"I'm sorry, okay?! I don't know what to do! I'm sorry! I don't know what to do!" By that point I was just drowning in my tears. I was practically sobbing on the floor. I guess all this pressure's getting to me.

"Guys, they're here!" Donna blared, gesturing to the ambulance outside our window.

They had rushed in as soon as we opened our doors.

"Okay, what's the problem here?" One of the paramedics said.

"Our mom, she's injured on her head and the bleeding won't stop! Help her, please!" Donna said tearfully.

They had picked up her limp body, carefully placing her on the stretcher and then into the ambulance.

Donna was able to ride with them, but because of the lack of space, me and Levi had to drive there.

The drive there was quiet, and awkward. Levi had opened his mouth a few times like a fish gasping for air, it seemed like he wanted to say something, but closed it, deciding against it. A few minutes later, he had finally managed to think of what to say.

"Rufen..I..It's okay, I know you wouldn't do this on purpose.... Mom's okay, she's strong, there's no need to worry about her" The last part sounded like it was intended for mostly him, as a reminder I guess.

"No, it's not okay. I've did some shit in my life, but this one beats them all." I sighed.

We drove in silence for the rest of the ride, not wanting to say anything else.

What did I do?