Chapter 9 The Man who Threw Away his Draws

Start from the beginning

Tokumatsu starts, adopting a pose. Shinji says, "Hey, that stance is...!"

"Yeah, I've seen him somewhere!" Crow adds.

"I activate Magic Card: Flower Alignment from my hand! This card's effect allows me to Special Summon four Cardian monsters with less than 100 ATK from my Deck in ATK position! I summon Cardian - Pine (ATK:100/DEF:100 LV:1), Cardian - Zebra Grass (ATK:100/DEF:100 LV:8), Cardian - Paulownia (ATK:100/DEF:100 LV:12), and Cardian - Willow (ATK:100/DEF:100 LV:11)."

The four tablet slot together, Sawatari says, "He summoned four monsters at once!"

"Furthermore, I activate another Magic Card: Flower Stacking from my hand! This card allows me to choose three Cardian monsters from my Deck and arrange them on top of my Deck in the order I choose! I choose from top to bottom, Cardian - Zebra Grass with Moon, Cardian - Paulownia with Phoenix and Cardian - Willow with Ono no Michikaze."

As the three cards are on top of the deck, he says, "And here, I activate the effect of Cardian - Pine with Crane in my hand! With this, I'm able to release Pine and special summon it! (ATK:2000/DEF:2000 LV:1)"

As the card slat knocks down the old one, he says, "Then, when this card is Special Summoned, I am able to draw a card! I activate the effect of Zebra Grass with Moon I just drew! By releasing Zebra Grass, I Special Summon it! (ATK:2000/DEF:2000 LV:8)"

As the card slat knocks down the old one, he says, "When this card is Special Summoned, I draw a card! Next, I activate the effect of Paulownia with the Phoenix I just drew! I release Paulownia and Special Summon it! (ATK:2000/DEF:2000 LV:12)"

As the card slat knocks down the old one, he says, "Just as before, when Special Summoned, I draw a card! And I activate the effect of the Willow with Ono no Michikaze I just drew! I release Willow and Special Summon it! (ATK:2000/DEF:2000 LV:11)"

And the fourth slat knocks down the old one, and he says, "When this card is Special Summoned, I draw one card!"

"Amazing." Dennis gasps. "He got 4 monsters with 2000 ATK in an instant!"

"The card I drew was Cardian - Cherry Blossom with Curtain! But there is no Cherry Blossom card on my field. So this card is sent to the Graveyard."

As Crow and Shinji watch, Tokumatsu steps forwards and claims, "Now then, I'm not done yet! I'm just getting started. I activate the effect of Willow with Ono no Michikaze. When this card is used as Synchro Material, it makes all other monsters Level 2!"

Lightning crackles over the joined Cardians and they all become Level 2. "Let's go! I now tune Level 2 Pine with Crane, Zebra Grass with Moon, and Paulownia with Pheonix with the Level 2 Willow with Ono no Michikaze! Rain down! Become light and pour down! Synchro Summon! Level 8! Come forth, Cardian - Rain Four Lights!" (ATK:3000/DEF:3000 LV:8)

"And he pulled off a Synchro Summon in his first turn too...!" Crow says.

"I set two cards and end my turn! Brat, I'll say this again! Cards are the sign of those on top, and Dueling is the sign of power." Tokumatsu says.

Yuya replies, "No matter how many times you say it, my beliefs won't change; Duels are for fun! My turn!" Yuya draws a card.

"You're naive, brat! I use Rain Four Lights' effect. When my opponent draws a card, I deal 1500 damage to them!"

Rain Four Lights hurls a bolt of lightning at Yuya from its umbrella, shocking him. (Yuya:4000–2500)

Dennis realizes, "That means whenever Yuya draws, he's going to take huge damage!"