The Next Model: Cancer (f) x Aries (m)

Setting: Cancer and Aries are both models for the Lovely Horoscope magazine. After losing in the preliminaries for the fashion show, Cancer tried to make Aries feel better.

Third POV:
Both Aries and Cancer walked to the front of the building. Here, inside the Lovely Horoscope, they would finally find out whether they made the cut for their yearly fashion show in Paris.
They looked at each other and gave a comforting smile.
Living in the most rural village, both Cancer and Aries studied and trained to become models of the highest degree. By looking at their portfolios, Lovely Horoscope asked for them to come to their headquarters.
And now, they walk into the building, and go to the meeting room.

Aries POV:
I wonder if I got in or not. I'm not the best model out there, but I feel like I gave a nice portfolio.
Me and Cancer are waiting in the room for the fashion managers to come in.
"Aries Metros, come with me, please."
Excited, I jump out of my seat and look back to Cancer giving me the thumbs up. I follow the manager and find the head of Lovely Horoscopes waiting for me.
"We're sorry Aries. Before you gave us your portfolio, we got one from Gemini who's the world's hottest model right now. So we took him in instead of you. We know you will do great things..."
I tune him out. I can't believe what I just heard. I know how prestigious Gemini is, but I felt like I would have made a good candidate. And on top of all that, I would be with Cancer the whole time in Paris. She doesn't know this, but I've always wanted her to notice me and my potential to be someone great. And with this, I don't think I can prove myself to her. She might go to Paris and fall in live with Gemini instead.
I don't know what to do... Am I even capable of being a model anymore?

Cancer POV:
I just got the approval from the manager of Lovely Horoscopes to be the model featuring in the fashion show in Paris. They also told me that I would be working with Gemini instead of Aries. To be honest, I wasn't that excited about this offer anymore. I've only met Gemini once, and he was very arrogant, ego clearly through the roof.
I walk out of the manager's room and don't find Aries in the original meeting room.
Then, as I'm walking down the hallway, I see Aries staring at the trophies in the trophy case: All of the ones that various models have won; Aries, Gemini, and Scorpio. He looks at me with sadness in his eyes, tears welling up.
"You probably think I'm incapable now, huh? I couldn't even do this thing that I've waited so long for doing" He says glumly.
"You know... whether you're a model or not, I will always be here for you. We're in this together, even if you're not going to Paris with me"
"Really? I thought you'd be disappointed in me by now"
"Of course not. In fact, I like that you didn't go in the fashion show. I don't want anyone else to see how unbelievably gorgeous you are"
Aries blushes slightly and rubs the nape of his neck while looking away.
"What do you say we get out of here? I know a great music shop in the corner of 5th street. We could have a concert in my dorm"
"I'd love that"
He holds out his hand and I take it, and walk outside of the building into the bustling city.

Author's Note
This story was really nice to write. I really like how Aries showed his vulnerable side.

Now, let's go to the next one!