Chapter 15 - Revelation

Start from the beginning

"...Fine" Y/N sighed "What else?" 

"Who was that woman?"

"What woman?" 

"The ghastly figure that appeared beside you when you fought the Crossbow hybrid"

'Wait what? Since when were they watching us fight her?'

"That... Well..." Y/N struggled to explain without making himself look like a wackjob 'Should I tell her the entire thing?'

'Eh, go ahead, it's not like she can use that info anyway'

"Well, you see... She's, uh,  she's like this genetically enhanced person infused with singularities of different Corps"

"Singularities?" Makima tilted her head to the side.

"Each corp has one. They're technologies that defy the laws of physics, for example, creating monsters known as abnormalities, cloning, teleportation, and stuff that protects the user from psychological attacks. There's more but that's all I currently know" 

Makima nodded "Continue" 

"Anyway, one day, I woke up, and then I heard some voice in my head. I talked about it to Ru- my teacher, he doesn't know how it happened either" Y/N then chuckled "It was hard convincing everyone that I wasn't crazy. Asil doesn't know how it happened either, she says the last thing she remembered is encountering an abnormality called Blue Star"

'Yup

"So yeah, that's all you need to know"

"Hmm, I see" Makima slowly nodded "You may leave, but before that..." Makima pointed her finger to Y/N and raised her thumb. Y/N's instincts told him to run, but he didn't as his legs are glued on to the floor. He felt uneasy, and he doesn't know w-

"Bang"

At that moment, Y/N got knocked back and hit his back on the wall really hard. He felt a sting on his arm, he checked it out to see that his left arm was no longer attached. 

The arm in question landed on Makima's desk, splattering blood all over the papers. He resisted the urge to yell curses and punch the wall as he groaned. 

"Oh dear, there goes the paperwork" Makima said.

"O-Ow" he croaked "The hell did you do that... For?"

"That was just a simple reminder to not cause any more trouble. Unless you're a masochist and enjoy these types of things, no?"

"I-Isn't it a bit harsh for a first time? I thought you were going lenient on me"

'Harsh?! Dude she blasted your arm off!

'And I get sliced in half... Three times. If anything, this is just a scratch'

'...Yeah, good point'

"I am being lenient" Makima said without batting an eye as she wrote something on her paper and then placed it on the drawer of her desk "You may now leave. Just remember to not cause any more trouble. If you do, I'm afraid I won't be so merciful next time"

"Right... Anyway, I'll need my arm back" Y/N said as he slowly walked to Makima in an attempt to not anger her and get hit by whatever it was that tore his arm off. 

"I'm not going to bite you" Makima said. Y/N quickly grabbed his arm and placed it on the wound, smoke rising as the wound heals.

"Riiiiight. See ya" Y/N let out a forced smile 'I hope never' 

'Weren't we going to ask her something?' Asil asked. 

'Oh right' Y/N turned around to face Makima, who was now arranging the papers "Hey, I have a question before I leave" 

Makima glanced at Y/N with her piercing gaze "What is it?"

"By any chance, is it illegal to go to hell?" 

Makima shook her head "No, why do you ask?"

'Should we tell her?' 

'We'll be doing the whole beauru a favor by killing the hero of hell, so go ahead'

'Alright... Here goes' Y/N cleared his throat "Well, you see, my other boss sent me to give him the head of the Hero of Hell for whatever fucked up reason he had other than collecting... With that information, is it still illegal for me to... Y'know"

Makima responded with a small smile, "No, of course not. However, you needn't venture to hell to find him."

Perplexed, Y/N replied, "What do you mean?"

"You've already met him a few months ago," Makima revealed, her tone cryptic and filled with a sense of foreboding.

Y/N's brows furrowed in confusion as he tried to recall the encounters of the past few months. Faces and places flashed through his mind, but none stood out as particularly significant.

"I have..?" Y/N questioned.

"I think he's having breakfast with Aki and Power," Makima continued.

Realization dawned on Y/N as he asked, "Are you suggesting what I think you are?"

Makima simply stared back at him without responding.

"No fucking way"

'Let's get a move on, Y/N, we found what we were looking for'

Y/N remained silent then left the office, he stopped as he closed the door behind him. His bangs covered his eyes as he stared at the ground.

'Are you... Hesitating?'

'Yeah... I'll miss the guy. He always managed to keep things interesting by doing stupid things. He's also a great guy to hang out with, unless you're a hot woman' Y/N lamented with a sigh.

Suddenly, Y/N's eyes began to glow red, and sparks of flames started to flicker around them.

"Time to hunt"