12

Three days. That's how long it's been since I last saw or even heard from ethan. I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me. But that comes with it's benefits, Jeremy and I have gone on several dates before I start my new job.

These kind of days remind me why I fell in love with him in the first place.

"Oh so I forgot to tell you but I hope you'll still go even though it's on such short notice," Jeremy started to speak while we sat down for dinner.

"Tell me what?"

"The company is celebrating tomorrow night for its collaboration with another huge company. It's a masquerade ball."

"I'd love to attend my love, what company did they collaborate with by the way?"

"It's an art company actually, my boss has been trying to become more versatile in what we represent. It's called l'amour de l'art, the ceo is from France they're pretty big in the art industry you may have heard of them" my eyes widen as I drop my fork.

"Is something wrong?"

"When you say collaborate, does this mean two ceos of two different company's coming together or..."

"No I mean they will be working under us, our ceo will be their ceo."

"Honey, I don't think I've actual gotten the chance to tell you where I would actually be working. l'amour de l'art, as an art advisor."

"Baby that's great news we'll be under the same company in a general sense. Oh this is great Ethan's gonna love you" you have no idea.

__________________________

I couldn't help but notice and I hadn't seen ethan all night and we had already been here for two hours. I understand everyone is wearing a disguise basically but there's no way I could miss him.

That was until a deep loud voice called out to Jeremy.

"Come over here buddy I want to introduce you to someone" and there he stood in a dark red suit, a black mask lined with red gems covering his face, and to my surprise, next to him was a beautiful tall figure wearing a bright red dress complimenting his suit and holding his hand.

The balls on this fucker.

"Hey Jeremy, jade" even masked I could see the smile underneath. He knew exactly how to get under my skin.

"Hey Ethan, how's it going."

"Great, I wanted to introduce you to mary, the ceo of l'amour de l'art." And that would be the cherry on top.

"It's a pleasure to meet you" Jeremy gently took Mary's hand into his with a small shake.

"You as well" I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intimidated a little. Her accent on its own was enough to sweep any man off his feet let alone her gorgeous physique, beautiful long blonde hair and probably had a face to die for under that mask.

We shook hands briefly before I excused myself to the bathroom, leaving the couple and Jeremy to talk.

This has to be the most awkward situation to be in. Not only is he my boss if I go through with his job but he's fucking my other boss. Could things get any worse.

My thoughts were interrupted by a chime from my phone.

"Meet me upstairs, second door on your right" it was from Ethan.

I scoffed and deleted the message, putting my phone back in my clutch. I walked back out and went to the bar, looking around for my husband who I've now lost to the crowd.

"Scotch, neat please" the bar tender nodded and went to fetch my drink as I removed my mask for a moment. After my drink was served I turned to look up where the upper floor railing stood. I tapped my finger and thought better than to stoop to his level and actually meet him.

That was until I felt a vibration from my clutch. I rolled my eyes knowing exactly who it was, but the text itself shocked me a little.

"I'm done waiting, either you come now or Jeremy will know" slamming my fist onto the bar I downed the rest of my drink and looked around for Jeremy. I found him chatting with some men at a table across the room.

I texted him letting him know I went to go talk to my mom on the phone and would be back soon.

My gut clenched at the lie, I hated lying to him I honestly wanted nothing more than to go him and be done with Ethan.

But he could never forgive me for what I've done, so it's time to squash things for good. With that, I took quick long strides to the stairs being careful not to be seen and made my way to the second door on the right. It took me a second to actually open the door, not wanting to go through with this, but nevertheless, I did.

Slowly walking in my jaw dropped. The room was huge and beautiful, full of art and greenery, windows all along the window and a skylight letting the full moons glory be seen. It was just too much for me to even notice the door behind me had been shut quietly.

I turned at the sound of feet walking towards. Ethan slowly removed his mask as he approached me. I backed up until I reached a chair, stopping me in my tracks.

"Don't be afraid, I'm not gonna hurt you" his hand finally meet my hips, gripping the softly with a slight squeeze. I crossed my legs hoping to calm any excitement down there.

"What do you want" I pushed his hands off of me and walked around him to gain some space.

"You're jealous of her aren't you? You want her place, you want me to take you to big parties and hold your hand all night, don't you." His grin was menacing.

"Just say the word, you can have it all. The job, the husband, and me. I won't tell a soul. Just tell me baby, what do you want? You want to walk away from this forever or do you want everything?" I could barely breath, he was so close to me now, his lips barely touching mine, his hands now on my lower back daring to go lower.

He leaned down and whispered in my ear, "just tell me what you want?"

__________________________

Ok let's vote, do we want jade to end up with Ethan or Jeremy?

~yanni