01

˗ˏˋ first day 'ˎ˗

the grip of her hands on the straps of her backpack got tighter, the rough fabric was digging into her soft palm, it was sure to leave red marks later on but her mind was filled with dreadful thoughts of the horror that awaited her that she hadn't even realized the harm she was causing to herself.

her eyes were glued on the tag high up on the white door in front of her, "12-B", it read. she took another deep breath and closed her eyes as an attempt to calm her ever increasing heart beat and contain the storm of thoughts that were torturing her mind.
the uneasy feeling in her stomach did nothing but worsen her already tensed-up state; she felt as though she'd vomit any minute now.

'this is it,' she thought, she knew that there was no way out of this. taking another deep breath, she took her free hand and gently pushed open the door in front of her.

almost immediately, the gaze of all the 27 students in her class was on her, their eyes watching every move of her body, whispering and mumbling; as if she was the prey and they were the predator, waiting for the right time to attack. her gaze, however, was fixated on the marble flooring of the classroom as she walked towards the teacher's desk, careful to not make any eye contact.

the class teacher - who was sitting comfortably in the middle of the class - looked up from the mountains of paperwork in front of her to communicate with the new person in her class. the teacher greeted the new student with a kind smile as she asked to see her some files of her admission.

this was it. the teacher was about to ask her the question every student has heard at least once in their lives, the question that everyone wishes that they would never hear.

'would you like to introduce yourself to the class, ms l/n?' the teacher asked, kindly, with the same, gentle smile spread over her face. she couldn't escape this, no matter what, she had to introduce herself and if she messes up, she'll leave a embarrassing and lasting first impression to these 27 students.

reluctantly, you nodded in the teacher's direction as you moved to the center of the classroom and introduced yourself: 'good morning, i'm y/n l/n, i've been homeschooled until recently when i joined this school and i hope we can get along!' you smiled yet your eyes still didn't meet the gaze of the many students in the class. you were proud of yourself because you spoke with as much confidence as you could.

the teacher walked over towards you, placing her arm around your back as she told everyone to give you a 'warm welcome' and guided you towards your seat which was in the middle next to a ginger-haired man - who, upon realizing you were his seat mate, immediately removed his backpack from the chair beside him to make room for you to sit on.

he appeared nice enough yet there was feeling of unease surrounding him - he felt dangerous. slowly, you made your way towards the man and placed you belongings down on the floor, not even bothering to greet your partner. the man took note of this immediately; sharp, he was.

'well, aren't you going to ask me my name?' he asked with a sly smile lingering on his face, similar to that of a fox. truth be told, you didn't want to get acquainted with him, just upon looking at the way he carried himself was enough to make you know that he's the troublemaking kind yet your other half was practically screaming at you to try and at least make a new friend.

the better half took over and you ended up asking him for his name anyways. 'tartaglia! but most people call me childe,' he said with enthusiasm. 'childe? what a peculiar name...' you thought.

getting to know his name was enough for you, you didn't want to interact with him any further but luck was not on your side today as childe wouldn't stop pestering you with questions about your life before joining the teyvat school: