She glanced at the app, reading 'Same As Us' by King Von, making her look up at him.

"This you?" She asked, earning a smile and nod from him.

"I like it." She grinned, placing the phone next to her as the music played lowly in the background.

"You gang fa real, dap me up." He laughed, extending his right hand out which she gladly slapped.

"Alright let's get started."

𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀, 𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐀
𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄 𝟐𝟏, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏
𝟐:𝟒𝟖𝐏𝐌

"Man ion know when I started bein' bad. I just woke up one day and was bad as hell. Ion know what the fuck happened. I was just gettin' A's and B's." He explained, making her laugh lowly.

"Well you said you been in jail a lot, so when was the first time?" She questioned.

In the span of fifty two minutes, they already got comfortable enough to start sharing pieces of information with each other to get to know one another. It didn't feel like a therapist session for them, it just felt like chilling with a friend.

"I think I was fifteen" He started as he dipped his paintbrush in the red paint. "Yeah fifteen. They got my ass fa armed robbery and carjackin'. Ian stay in juvy doe, I had went to boot camp." He explained, as she nodded.

"What else?" She asked, completely interested in his stories.

Raising his eyebrow, he looked at the side of her face with a smirk. "What, you fed a'sum?"

"Mmcht no, I was just asking." She laughed, coloring in the pink hearts on her paper. 

"Naw I'm just fuckin' witchu li folks. But um possession of guns, murder, shit like dat." He shrugged, adding detail to his painting.

"You weren't scared? That seems traumatic."

"Nah, ain't shit to be scared bout. I grew up around that shit so that shit was normal fa me. Like a lifestyle." He explained as he licked over his bottom lip.

"So do you miss Chicago? Like ever wanna move back type stuff?"

"Nah ion miss it. I be inna Raq like erry otha month so ain't shit to miss. I be goin' to see gang and shit. You eva been?"

"Nope, I'm a little scared." She spoke, placing her colored pencils and crayons back in the bin. "It's on my bucket list for sure though." She laughed as he slightly smiled.

"We gon go then, fasho. You gotta come wit' me so nun happen ta' you. Once they see you wit' Grandson, dey ain't gon' touch you. On King David." He smirked, causing Dakota to let out a low laugh.

"Okay, I'll hold you to that." She answered before peeking over at his now finished painting.

"Oh my gosh, your painting is so nice. It looks way better than mine." She pouted.

He painted a picture of a pistol that had a heart shooting out of it. The heart had blood dripping off of it along with a crack at the top and bottom , but it wasn't all the way broken.