Quidditch And Curses (edited)

Start from the beginning

"Um, we've never really had a chance to talk, i was just wondering if you wanted to?" she offered, "I mean i know Slytherin's not great, i'm only here because of my parents but it would be nice to have someone that isn't Pansy or Daphne."

Reading only the truth in her eyes, i gave a small smile and a nod, following her back to where she had been working on her homework. It turned out Penny was a lot more shy than you'd expect of a Slytherin. 

She wanted to be in Ravenclaw as she liked learning things but her father had told her she'd be disowned if she didn't get into Slytherin. For the first time i actually enjoyed an evening in the Slytherin Common room.

The Great Hall was full of the breakfast smells and noise the next morning as Penny waved to me, off to join the Slytherins table and i wandered over to sit by Harry who looked ill.

"You've got to eat some breakfast," Ron encouraged.

"I don't want anything."

"Just a bit of toast," wheedled Hermione.

"I'm not hungry."

"Hold him down!" I declared, straddling him with toast in my hand. 

It got a few laughs from the other two and a grin from Harry as I ended up smashing the toast against his face. You'd think he'd glare but nope, it made him feel better. I'm awesome like that.

By eleven o'clock the whole school seemed to be out in the stands around the Quidditch pitch. Many students had binoculars. The seats were raised high in the air, but it was still difficult to see what was going on sometimes.

Me, Ron and Hermione joined Neville, Seamus, and Dean the West Ham fan up in the top row. Sure i probably should have been in the Slytherin stands since it was my house they were playing but who cared.

As a surprise for Harry, Hermione and the others had painted a large banner on one of the sheets Scabbers had ruined. It said Potter for President, and Dean, who was good at drawing, had done a large Gryffindor lion underneath. 

Then I had performed a tricky little charm so that the paint flashed different colours. As the two teams came onto the pitch everyone cheered and Madam Hooch had them meet in the middle.

"Now, I want a nice fair game, all of you," she said, once they were all gathered around her. "Mount your brooms, please."

Madam Hooch gave a loud blast on her silver whistle. Fifteen brooms rose up, high, high into the air. They were off.

"And the Quaffle is taken immediately by Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor - what an excellent Chaser that girl is, and rather attractive, too - "

"JORDAN!"

"Sorry, Professor."

 The Weasley twins' friend, Lee Jordan, was doing the commentary for the match, closely watched by Professor McGonagall.

"And she's really belting along up there, a neat pass to Alicia Spinnet, a good find of Oliver Wood's, last year only a reserve - back to Johnson and - no, the Slytherins have taken the Quaffle. Slytherin Captain Marcus Flint gains the Quaffle and off he goes - Flint flying like an eagle up there - he's going to sc- no, stopped by an excellent move by Gryffindor Keeper Wood and the Gryffindors take the Quaffle - that's Chaser Katie Bell of Gryffindor there, nice dive around Flint, off up the field and - OUCH - that must have hurt, hit in the back of the head by a Bludger - Quaffle taken by the Slytherins - that's Adrian Pucey speeding off toward the goal posts, but he's blocked by a second Bludger - sent his way by Fred or George Weasley, can't tell which - nice play by the Gryffindor Beater, anyway, and Johnson back in possession of the Quaffle, a clear field ahead and off she goes - she's really flying - dodges a speeding Bludger - the goal posts are ahead -  come on, now, Angelina - Keeper Bletchley dives - misses - GRYFFINDORS SCORE!"