Chapter 13

“You could have texted me,” Becca murmured quietly the next afternoon as she paced her large second floor bedroom restlessly.

“I did text you, like seven times!” Zayn retorted as his posture on her bed became rigid.

“No, you texted Liam like seven times.”

“And there’s a difference?”

“Yes, actually there is!” Becca exclaimed, her usually soft voice suddenly becoming shockingly loud. 

“Then what is it, exactly?” Zayn asked, narrowing his brown eyes. 

“I’m your girlfriend,” hissed Becca as she whipped around to look at him.  “We all thought you were taking Evie to her room!  Maggie, Del, Hunter, and I all went to go check on her when we finished the game!  It kind of came as a shock when we didn’t find Evie in her bed! “

“Becca!  The girl obviously needed medical help!  AND I TEXTED LIAM!” Zayn raged, standing up immediately. 

Becca sighed and turned her back to the black haired boy. 

“Just go Zayn,” she said.

“What?”

“I said go, okay?” Becca whispered menacingly and Zayn did as he was told, slamming the door behind him. 

Zayn ran his hands through his black hair, walking up to the wall and kicking it angrily. 

“Uh… Zayn?” a confused but light voice asked from behind him.

“Wha-?  Oh, Evie… hey,” Zayn mumbled awkwardly as he turned around, noticing the blonde girl standing a few feet away.

“Erm, why were you abusing the wall?” Evie questioned slowly.  Zayn’s brown eyes flicked to the floor and he fluttered his dark eyelashes.

“Becca and I… well, er, we had a fight,” Zayn confessed and nervously rubbed the back of his neck. 

“Oh, well, fighting’s never good…” Evie remarked quietly.

“Tell me about it,” Zayn agreed, shuddering slightly.  He hated fighting. 

“W-well…” Evie bounced on the balls of her feet.  “If you, er, if you’re in, um, a bad mood, maybe, oh well, uh, maybe we could um, go out?” Evie suggested awkwardly as she rocked back and forth, her hands tied behind her back. 

“Out?” Zayn asked, puzzled, “Out where?”

“Oh, you know… out…”

“Like, on a date?” Zayn looked up at the blonde girl, catching her eye as he raised his left eyebrow. 

“Well… no.  I guess not, just out,” Evie nodded and gave Zayn her best half smile.

“So, like a date?” Zayn smirked, crossing his muscular arms over his chest, crinkling his white t-shirt. 

Evie sighed, rolling her big blue eyes slightly.  “Yes Zayn,” she droned, humoring him, “A date.”

Zayn’s smirk increased when hearing these words and looked Evie up and down.  “A date, huh?  Well, I suppose that means dinner?”

“And a movie?” Evie suggested, fluttering her light eyelashes.

“Oh,” Zayn chuckled, shaking his head, “You’re pushing your luck a bit Fletcher.”

“So, yes?” Evie asked hopefully, her blue eyes lighting up.

“Why not?” Zayn shrugged and glanced at Becca’s closed bedroom door.  “It’s not like I have much of a girlfriend at the moment.”