"That's what I thought." He says.

He then turns to Max before asking her if she has a mask or a bandanna so she doesn't recognize Eddie. The redhead then thinks before nodding positively.

———

We had sneaked between cars and mobile homes before arriving in front of a caravan, we pass behind it. Eddie opens the window and goes inside, taking off his mask. We all go in as we go along. It was pretty big, there was a big back seat as well as other seats, and a kitchenette. Eddie sits down in the driver's seat. Robin and I immediately look at each other, and we understand each other. We walk over to Steve and Eddie.

"Uh Eddie... We're not sure we love the idea of you driving.

- Yes, imagine if someones sees you ?" I say.

Eddie turns to us, remaining silent before speaking.

"Oh, I'm just starting this sucker. Harrington's got her. Don't you big boy ?" He smiles at Steve.

I frown before Eddie starts the car. We smile proudly that it worked before we hear screams from outside, the owners start knocking on the locked door. We understand that we have to leave quickly.

"Shit go!" Says Steve.

Eddie gets up quickly, Steve takes his place. I sit down on one of the benches next to Eddie. Steve then turns to us.

"Everybody hang on to something!" Steve orders.

Dustin hangs onto a bench seat before turning to Steve and starting to scream.

"Just drive!"

Steve then complies and starts to drive starting to knock down everything around us. We then watch through the window as the owners chase us.

"Shit they look pissed! Dustin says.

- Oh really ? I thought they were happy! I say sarcastically.

- I mean it's not everyday you lose your house and car in one fell swoop." Robin says.

Steve then turns the corner, knocking over two trash cans. He continues driving, getting back on the road. I sigh loudly, letting go of the seat I was holding.

"Holy shit." I say.

———

We were on a small road, in the middle of the forest. We had been driving for about fifteen minutes. My head was resting on Eddie's shoulder playing with his rings. I was watching Nancy and Steve talk. I was a little disappointed that Nancy was with Jonathan. It's not that I don't like Jonathan, but Steve is so much better in many ways. I just think that when they were together it was the right person at the wrong time.

And even though Jonathan and Nancy are romantic soul mates, I will always consider Steve and Nancy to be platonic soul mates. They are oddly made for each other. But I think if Nancy is happier with Jonathan, Steve will still be happy for her, for them. I see Eddie put his ring back on his finger before slipping his hand into mine. I smile softly and intertwine our fingers.

"I'm sorry for what happened to you. I can't even imagine what you might have seen." Says Eddie.

I look up at him, smiling sadly. Eddie's gaze is locked in mine. Everything that Vecna had shown me starts to spin in my head again.

"It's not your fault." I say, resting my head on his shoulder.

Eddie then runs his thumb over my hand, stroking it gently. He then asks me if he can ask me anything, to which I say yes.

"Besides the lab, Victor Creel's house, Vecna/Henry/001 and Hawkins, did Vecna show you anything else?" He asks.

I then look down, I didn't want to lie to him, but at the same time I didn't want to tell him and keep it to myself. Because I don't want this to get out, I just want to forget about it.

"Yes, but I'd rather keep it to myself.

- Yes, of course I understand. Answer Eddie.

- Can we talk about something else?" I say.

I feel Eddie nod his head. He thinks for a few seconds, looking for a new topic of conversation, then speaks up.

"Do you remember that Thai restaurant? he asks.

- Oh, the one you were supposed to take me to but instead went to the movies with Amber?

- Uh, yeah that one." He says ruefully.

I then let him know that I was teasing him and that I wasn't mad at him anymore. He continues in his speech.

"When this is over, I'll take you there. And for real this time." He says.

I start to laugh before squeezing his hand a little tighter in mine.

"Okay." I say.

And just for that I hope that everything will be over soon and everything will go back to the way it was. Even though I know for a fact that everything won't be exactly the same again.

"I love you Cassie."

My heart leaps in my chest and I feel thousands of butterflies hovering in my stomach. This was the first time Eddie told me he loved me. And his words sounded so sincere and real. I look up at him, looking into his eyes. I smile softly.

"I love you too."