Chapter Two: Pretty Princess

Start from the beginning

"Well now my night is made, let me get you a drink?"

I lightly laughed as I shook my head. "No, no I've drank enough already but I won't turn down the opportunity to know what happened to your high school sweetheart Amanda who you broadcasted you were going to marry on the last day of college." Adam laughed loudly whilst shaking his head, "Now that I need a lot more alcohol to revisit."

Adam expressed how much he had changed from a 'little shit' and from what he was telling me, he was right. He has opened a handful of businesses which, from how he speaks about them, he cherishes like I do my own. "-Yeah, one of them is a gym. I must be a tiny bit biased and say that out of my babies the gym is my favourite." He grinned as he took a sip of his gin and I nodded.

"I can tell, you're all muscle."

He lightly shrugged off the compliment. "You flatter me but I'm the one who is in awe, numbered sixth sexiest man in the world." I scrunched up my nose shaking my head. When Davison had showed me the article I had tossed it aside as stupid ratings like that got to peoples' egos and I didn't have the time."

"I would never have pinned you as a type of guy who reads girl magazines." I replied as I tried to change the topic off of me. Adam, who was aware of my subject change scoffed into his frosted glass. He placed it down on the homemade bar and signalled for another. "My restaurant had been featured in the hot and rising section so I admit I was giddy when buying it." I couldn't control my laughter as his cheeks were stained red with embarrassment. I brought my hand up and patted his arm supportively, "Don't worry, we've all been there."

As we continued to laugh and get to know each other we seemed to be in our own little world because next thing we knew Emily was humming the strip tune as she stood on a table. "Soon only one man will be able to see my bodaaay so, for all those who are curious, take a good ol' look." My head snapped over to my sister to see her struggling with the zipper of the dress I bought her. I still hadn't built up the confidence to check the bill she had slipped into my pocket.

I stood up quickly and made my way through gobsmacked and amused guests. Women were trying to usher her down whilst the men stopped and stared. "Em, I think it's time for bed." I called out when I stood below her. She looked around woozily then looked to me. "Lukey! I wasn't going to drink tonight but as soon as I drank your wine I decided to let my hair loose." I nodded calmly at my baby sister then held up my hand.

"You have all the right to enjoy yourself but I think you should go to bed early and get some beauty rest." She blinked and then frowned, "But I'm already booti-ful"

I had to control myself from not ripping her down from the table and tossing her over my shoulder. "Yes you are but you want to be extra pretty for your wedding right?" her mouth formed an 'o' as she slowly nodded. I decided that she was going to need my other hand so I stood there with my arms out to her. She giggled as she wobbled forward and then literally jumped into my arms. I thankfully caught her and soon she was clinging to me like before.

"Where's Con?" she started grunting when I led her out of the party-room and up towards her bedroom. I ignored her in the beginning but when she started demanding his presence I sighed loudly. "Em, I'm not sure. I'm sure someone will tell him you have gone to bed." She made a miniature growling sound which made me raise a brow at the dog-like female. She then erupted into giggles.

I managed to finally get her into the bedroom and practically threw her onto her bed. "Do you want to sleep in the dress?" I asked as I got the piece of paper out of my pocket. When I saw the many zeros I quickly made the decision for her, "You're going to treat this dress like royalty hoe, let's get you out of it." I pulled her forward and zipped the side of the blue dress. She was groaning inaudible gibberish as I managed to successfully undress her.