Chapter Two: Pretty Princess

Chapter Two:

"I've been telling myself that the tension between you and Con is due to your inability to socialize but somethings telling me that that's not the case." Emily appeared beside me with her arms tightly crossed over her chest. I had excused myself immediately after saying what I did and hours later I'm sat outside the back in a sun-lounger with a glass of wine. Baring in mind it was pitch black outside.

"Are your girly vibes tingling?" I asked with a mocking smirk. Emily scowled at me which quickly wiped the expression off my face. "Everything's fine Em, stop worrying." She seemed to snap when I said that as she stole my wine and gulped the entire thing.

"You know what's strange Luke? Is that when I asked Conner he said the exact same thing." Good. Though I could see she was getting upset and knew if she complained to mum my head would be strung up. I quickly stood up and removed my glass from her hand and then took them both in mine. She sniffled which made me internally curse.

"Of course I'm pissed," I started, making her look to me with confusion written across her face. "Conner broke the bro-code. I want to punch him for even thinking about touching my baby sister." Emily made a sound which sounded like a little giggle. She shook her head as she pressed herself up against me and rested her forehead on my chest.

"I've missed you, Lukey"

"Blegh, and I haven't missed that, don't make me tell mum."

Emily snorted with laughter which made me roll my eyes. How she had many boyfriends always bewildered me. And now she was going to be married.

"Alright, let's stop crying and get back inside since my tits are going to fall off from the cold." I made a face which only made her laugh more but she ended up dragging me back into the stuffy house filled with alcohol-consuming guests.

Once we were inside Emily was quickly whisked away by her friends and I once again contemplated going back outside. "Lukas Worthington," I froze at the sound of my full name. I turned to the side to see another face which I knew I would never be able to forget. It was strange how we always remember the names of our bullies.

"Adam Vincent" his name leaked from my mouth before I could stop it. Why couldn't I have dismissed him in a cool manner by pretending I didn't know who he was?

Adam, who was annoyingly attractive, grinned as he came to a stop in front of me. He had one hand in his perfectly-fitted trouser pocket. The entire suit was well tailored and even managed to fit his icy personality. His blazer had been discarded on the bar so he wore a dark grey dress-shirt which clung to each muscle on his torso. Was I really admiring the style of a person who gave me multiple black eyes?

I dragged my eyes up to meet his and wanted to cry when I saw how amused he looked. I hadn't exactly made it discrete. His steel-grey eyes were fixed on me and I shivered when they slowly raked me up and down. "You have certainly grown." He stated which made me gulp.

I nodded, "I wasn't going to stay short and plump forever."

Adam's eyes snapped to my own and he sighed. "I treated you like shit, Luke." He commented and when I went to respond he took another step forward which shocked me. His hand came up and his long fingers slowly played with the edge of my blazer. "When I was stood over there I came up with over one hundred ways to say how truly sorry I am for doing such horrible things to you but none truly expressed what I wanted to say." I shook my head, finally able see through the thick fog of attraction.

"There's no need to apologise Adam. I'm a big boy now, I got over it." He seemed to let what I said soak in for a couple of seconds before a dazzling smile spread across his mouth. All the way through college he had braces on but even with the metal stuck to his teeth he was still considered extremely sexy and now, those pearls made my stomach tighten. A good smile had and will always make me sway.