Mrs Malfoy's words are drowned out by the sounds around me. As I am stood besides Draco his words reach my ears. I can hear the sadness in his voice as he assures his mother that he will be safe this year. Suddenly his voice changes and I feel him take a step back from her.

I turn to face them to see Draco now furious, his arms are crossed over his chest and his chin is in the air. He pushes his mother's outstretched hand away as he glares at her "I can do this. Stop doubting me, it's my job now to pick up after father's errors. It's my right."

Narcissa sighs as the places her hand back at her side. She looks across at me now ignoring her son, she offers me a sad smile. "You should both get on the train then."

Draco nods sharply "I'll get our trunks." He picks them both up and turns on his heel walking onto the large red carriage without another glance at his mother.

Awkwardly I wave at Narcissa "goodbye Mrs Malfoy. Thank you for having me over the summer, hopefully I will see you soon." I pick up Moody's cat cage and smile tightly at Narcissa as I step onto the train following Draco along the corridor. I lean against a window and watch as Mrs Malfoy lowers her eyes to the ground her shoulder slumped from tiredness, she turns away from the train and disappears from sight.

"Ang come on." Draco holds open the door to the Slytherin compartment his face still angry.

I nod my head and walk quickly down the hallway following him inside.

Draco slides into a seat and rests his elbows on the table in front of us. He stares out of the window besides us but I can see his eyes aren't really focusing on anything in particular. Sitting besides him I reach into my bag grabbing a random book, pretending to read it so I can avoid looking at the other Slytherins walking past us.

"Guys!" A cheerful feminine voice breaks me out of my fixation of looking between Draco and my book. I look up already smiling as I recognise the ball of green running towards us.

Pansy smiles widely as she pushes past a group of first years "move pip squeaks! Ang! Merlin I have missed you babes!" She launches herself on to my lap squeezing me tightly "I have so much to tell you about my summer!" She steps away and slides into the chair opposite Draco and I. She ignores Malfoy all together however as she grabs my hands over the table "tell me everything that's happened to you recently! I feel like I've missed you so much."

I smile as Pansy begins to speak all about her holiday and what her parents have been up to. The train begins to move taking off slowly and the students around us settle down into their seats their voices calming down past the initial excitement.

Draco suddenly looks up and I feel him tense in his seat, I follow his eyes and feel myself tense up also. Blaise and Xavier are walking through the carriage between us, Blaise is dressed as impeccably as ever as he looks around the compartment for space. His eyes meet mine and I can see his eyes slowly widening in shock.

Blaise stops where he is and offers me a tight smile, I smile back at him and gesture to the bench opposite.

Xavier places his hand on Blaise's shoulder "hey come there's a seat here with Crabbe and Goyle." He turns away without looking at me and slides into a seat. Blaise nods at Draco once his face suddenly turning serious once again, he slides into the seat besides Xavier and looks away.

Draco looks at me his face apologetic "it will get better. You guys just need some time together ." He places his arms over my shoulders and pulls me into his side "it will be okay Ang."