Chapter 5

It's been a month since Kieran and I got married. The rest of the wedding ceremony was lovely. Coronation day was yesterday and it went better than I expected. No mishaps or anything.

It doesn't seem like Kieran suspects anything about my lies, and I'm totally okay with that. I just don't know how long I can keep this up. It's strange that I'm thinking about this while Kieran has me pinned against the wall.

He's making out with me. I'm not complaining about this either. Who knew a man could make me feel like this?

What if things go too far? my brain keeps repeating. He's going to find out.

He's going to find out.

God damnit. I push against his chest and pulls away from my lips. "Too much?" he asks, not at all angry.

I nod and move to the door. "I'm sorry," I say quietly.

"Don't be sorry, we'll take it slower," Kieran says with a small smile.

"Thank you," I reply as I slip out the door.

After I close the door, I run over to my chambers. Kieran and I are staying in separate rooms, as we don't know each other that well yet. He's been so polite about it, and he hasn't forced anything on me.

While I didn't expect this, I'm very attracted to Kieran. He seems to be attracted to me as well, but this can only go so far before he uncovers the truth. Literally.

***

"As you know, I'm going to be reappointing council members and maybe bringing back some members of the disbanded council," I explain to Marshall Rellin, the old head of the council.

Marshall nods and asks, "Am I going to be brought back?"

"Most likely, you were a great leader," I tell him.

"Much appreciated.." his voice trails off at the end of "appreciated". He's staring at me. At my chest.

I look down and notice that my "breasts" are falling. "Umm," Marshall sounds out.

"My apologies, good sir," I say as I cross my arms over my chest.

When I look up, I see Kieran staring at me from the doorway of the study. "I'm sorry, Mr. Rellin," I say.

"What?"

I rush out of the study and yell, "Sorry!"

This is bad. Kieran definitely saw that. Oh shit. No, no, no. What am I going to do?

I run to my chambers and slam the door behind me. "Fuck!"

I check the time. Four thirty. Two hours until dinner. I don't have to see Kieran until then. While I don't want to see him, I also do, since I want to know what he thinks.

Maybe I'll just take a nap.

***

Dinner was rather awkward. We didn't talk at all except for one small exchange of words. He asked if he could see me later tonight. I didn't want to turn him down so I said yes. He then told me to meet him in his chambers around eight.

It's two minutes to eight now. I'm walking down the hallway to his chambers. I'm knocking on the door now. He opens it. He lets me in. He doesn't look angry, thankfully.

"I've wanted to talk to you all day," Kieran says as he closes the door.

"You have?" I ask.

He nods and steps closer to me. "Well, more like I've wanted to see you."

"Right," I say, taking a few steps back.

Kieran keeps getting closer to me, causing me to back up into his bed. "Do you know what I mean by 'see you'?"

"I don't believe I do," I reply.

He pushes me back onto the bed and begins to run his hand up my leg. I pull away from his touch and scoot further onto the bed. "If we're going to do this, please, would you um.. use the other side of me?"

"What?"

I slide to the edge of the bed and stand up. "I'm afraid my lady parts are broken."

"Broken?" Kieran cocks his head.

"Please, just use my.. bum."

Kieran laughs. "You're strange, Jamie."

"I'm well aware. But there's one other thing you should know," I say quietly.

"Hm?"

"My chest is rather flat naturally," I respond, hoping that clears up what he saw this morning.

He steps up behind me and begins to untie the corset portion of my dress. "You're still gorgeous."

He wastes no time in undressing me and before I know it, I'm stepping out of my dress. Despite the discomfort it caused me, I chose to wear knickers. This way, nobody would ever suspect me of being a man.

All I have to do now is not look at Kieran. And stay flat on the bed. I can feel his hand on my back. No. I can't do this.

"I'm sorry, Kieran," I say as I grab my dress and pull it up as far as I can without fully putting it back on.

"It's quite alright. I don't want to force you anyway," he replies. "I'll see you in the morning."

"Yes, goodnight," I say as I scurry out of his room and back to mine.

I can't believe I backed out of that. I feel bad for Kieran, especially since he's always the instigator and I'm always the one to leave before anything can really happen.