Part 1

Ever since the changing of the guard from the High Council to the Domus Regis, my life has become chaotic but I guess I should've known after putting myself out there at the congressional meeting I was essentially putting my face on the Domus Regis poster.

But I had to think of the bigger picture, it meant giving my children and my nieces a more peaceful future, I'll tell you though I never expected Ethan and Johanna to have two daughters and thanks to Ethan they were part vampire, so we didn't know how long they were going to live.

He was such an amazing father, though at first he had gotten scared and ran off, I found him in Washington state of all places at Dimitri's compound, Dimitri had gone back to Romania but he visits often just to see the family.

I was tied to Washington D.C. after being appointed head of the Domus Regis since it was all founded on my ideas, it took a lot of hard work to get the building in order and I even had to hire an assistant to help with day to day operations.

It had all worked out fine until werewolves were showing up dead, hanged by wire. Vampires burned in the late hours of the night only identifiable by blood tests, it was all causing unrest among packs and covens screaming for justice or they'll get it themselves.

"Do you have to go in today?" Lucas asked still laying in bed.

We had a nice twelve bedroom colonial on the outskirts of D.C.

"Yes, all of the members of the Domus Regis must be present for the senate committee hearing, we have been policing our own people it's time they make laws to protect our kind from human retaliation, if I don't accomplish this then all of the packs and covens will start to kill humans again." I said finishing putting my outfit together.

"Just so long as you aren't going out and investigating again" he said running a hand along my back.

"No the Lupus Praesidio is handling the investigations into any and all werewolf deaths, the Lamia Praesidium investigates vampire deaths because neither side trusts each other" I said.

Then our bedroom doors opened and my assistant Julia came in and Lucas had to pull the covers up further.

"Sorry boss but if we don't get moving soon your going to be late, hi Lucas" she said.

"Thanks Julia, wait downstairs" I said as I bent down gave Lucas a peck on the lips.

Then I went to see Emilia, it still amazed me how much she's grown I mean she was practically adult sized and only ten years old, she just finished her junior of high school.

"Hello my darling" I said as she was getting ready for the day.

"Another meeting mother?" she said with a smile looking at me in her mirror.

"Yes, it seems I have meetings almost daily now" I said.

"Well good luck momma, I know if anyone could get things done it's you, is aunt Johanna coming over today?" she asked.

"I think so, they were supposed to but in the light of things, Ethan was sent to Los Angeles this morning early, I love you and I'll let you know" I said giving her a kiss on the head.

"Thanks mom" she said.

Then I went to see Damon, he was just as advanced as Emilia only he really like electronics and has actually hacked a few places.

"Hey mom, gonna be home late again?" he asked as soon as I walked in.

"Yes, I'm sorry dear" I said walking up to him at his computer station.

"No I understand, do think one of these times I'd be able to go with you?" he said tapping away at his keyboard.

"Maybe to the Domus Regis building, but as for the senate building I'm not sure" I said.