𝙰 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙿𝚒𝚗𝚋𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚖𝚙𝚒𝚘𝚗 (𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎)

Vance Hopper was feared by all. The sight of him passing in the school halls made kids tremble. He took the top spot as the toughest kid in school, with Robin Arellano in second. You'd find him beating up kids for fun from an outburst of uncontrollable anger. You were lucky to even get a hand on him at all if you even could. They say a kid like him won't make it too far, that one day he will get himself caught in his own foul play. Most people just stayed out of his way, not daring to even cross him.

Vance pushed his way inside the local convenience store. This was his territory and he valued it like gold, all because of one thing, the pinball machine. Most kids knew him as Pinball Vance because that's what he spent all of his free time doing, and he rightfully deserved the title. The man behind the counter nodded his head at him as he made his way toward the machine. The frail kids grabbing an ice cream or soda all hid in the isles, afraid to even be in the presence of him. Vance placed his hands on either side of the pinball machine as he studied it. He put so much effort into this game to make sure he was the best and no one else. If he had to be first in something, it had to be this. His eyes reached the high score and he blinked in disbelief.

"No fucking way." His hand slammed down on the glass, making several kids around him jump. The anger was just ready to plummet out of him. "Who beat my high score??" He scowled as he turned toward the man behind the counter. The man sighed as he exchanged an irritated glance.

"Not sure, pretty sure it was a girl, though." He picked up a newspaper on the counter and hid his grin. Vance's face fumed with exasperation. This time both of his hands crashed down on the pinball machine, causing a loud bang to echo within the store. He stormed out the door, pushing past people in his way, and made a shameful walk home.