Chapter 8

(Eros)

The guard ushers Greyson and me into a small room. In the middle of the room is a man by a table covered in papers. We walk up to him, and he hands us two maps. We walked out of the building and I led him to our residence in sector 3. We walk in and get settled in. Before long, I hear dinner arrive, and we eat together.

"So Kateros, what do you like to do?"

"I don't know, you?"

"Well, I don't know, I like listening to music. Do you want to hear a joke?" I can tell Greyson is nervous and trying hard to make me feel comfortable, so I play along.

"Sure."

"Ok, A girl asks a boy: "Anthony, how much do you love me?" The boy looked her in the eyes and said, "Look up at the stars, that's how much I love you." The girl is confused and says, "But it's morning, there are no stars." the boy nodded, "Exactly!"'

"I can't help but laugh and pretty soon we are both almost crying."

"Can you tell me another one?" I ask, wiping my eyes.

"Sure, A kid asks his dad "Daddy, why is the sky so high?" The dad answers "So the birds wouldn't hit their heads all the time, darling."'

I'm laughing my head off now. "Oh I have a good one, People think icy is the easiest word to spell. Come to think of it, I see why."

"How about this one, I used to be addicted to not showering."

"EWW" I say, laughing.

"Luckily, I've been clean for five years." He says, laughing.

"Oh, Have you heard about Murphy's Law?"

"Yes. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong, right." He says looking at me.

"Yup, How about Venture's Law?" I say grinning.

"No." He looks confused now.

"It's julienned cabbage in a creamy dressing," I say smiling wider.

"Oh, my word! Hey, What did the green grape say to the purple grape?"

"I don't know, what?"

"Breathe, man! Breathe!"

We are both clutching our stomachs now and crying too. I haven't laughed this much in forever. It feels amazing to feel this happy. I feel carefree and amazing. Greyson is grinning and neither of us can stop smiling or laughing.

I feel like the purple grape because I can't seem to be able to breathe. I'm laughing too hard. I glance at the clock above the kitchen counter and see that it's curfew time.

"Hey, we should head to bed, it's time."

"Ok, I just need to take a shower first, if that's ok."

"Yeah, go ahead." Now that I am Equated for life, we will have to share everything, including a bed and bedroom.

I have never slept with someone before so this is going to be interesting. When Greyson comes out of the bathroom, I go in and get ready. We both crawl into bed and try to fall asleep. After an hour or two of just lying there in silence, I am finally able to fall asleep.

The next morning we get up and I take a shower. When I come back out I find Greyson sitting at the kitchen counter. I join him and a few seconds later our breakfast appears on the counter in front of us. We talk and eat and then I hear a knock at our door. Our breakfast is cleared away and I stand and walk to the door.