Chapter 7: The Sad Tale of Evelyn

Começar do início

Toko: define by what do you mean by developing process ( he said with a slight weirded out expression )

Dr Collingwood: Dr Buck mean by how your kind develop as as kids, like of what age do your abilities start developing.

Toko: Oh! Umm.. ( he thinks for a moment ) oh, there is one. I've kinda met her before she likes to take hikes in the mountains with her sons, our little twin brothers. Her name is Kat Krupin she lives near a Jack in a box, they live in a small white house with a cat mailbox. Can't miss it but be careful she can be slightly.. extreme? I think that's a way of sugar coating it.

Dr Buck wrote what Toko said down in her notes on the clipboard she had in her hand.

Dr Collingwood: Okay, Toko do you have any abilities like your sister and her kids-

Toko: Wait a fur, Kiki and Ethan are here?!

Dr Collingwood: Yes, we interviewed them before you sense you were recovering from having your head ram into Mery's containment room door.

Toko: Oh yeah, I kinda almost forgot about that. Anyway I only have one ability due to me being a late bloomer ( he said as a flower grew from his hand ) pun not intended by the way ( he said with a smile )

Dr Collingwood: I see, Do you know anything about how we can prevent Mery from getting another melt down like she did yesterday?

Toko: I'm sorry to say but that's not possible, the best thing to do is to comfort Mery and to let her know that it's.. not her fault..

Dr Buck: Please do explain

Toko: ( sighs ) Mery's mother, unlike mine, hated Mery and her sister's guts. No one knows why but one day.. Evelyn got terribly sick and Mery gave all the food which was always rotten, their mother gave them, but sadly Mery didn't know that their mother.. put rat poison in the food..

Dr Collingwood and Dr Buck looked at Toko in disbelief and shock.

Toko: Mery was just trying to help her sister to get as much strength to fight off her sickness.. Merita couldn't have known their mother's plan. When our father found out, he was furious, he killed their mother for what she did and the cruelties she did to Merita and her sister.. Merita and Evelyn were locked in a cold, empty, and dark basement and Evelyn... Evelyn was gone.. Merita was trying to get her to eat thinking she was just asleep.. Father brought her to the cave and we try our best to help Merita but she.. she blames herself for Evelyn's death, but it wasn't her fault! She was trying to regain Evelyn's strength! If their heartless mother hadn't poisoned the food Evelyn would still be here..

Dr Buck then stood up and walked out of the room, Dr Collingwood then followed her and grabbed her arm.

Dr Collingwood: Dr Buck, where are you-

Dr Buck: You continue the interview, I'm going to check on Merita.

Dr Collingwood then nodded in agreement with a knowing expression before she let go of Buck and walked back inside the interrogation room.

( With Merita )

Merita was in a new containment room, it was massive and it's walls were some kind of black metal, with a unbreakable glass window looking through the monitoring room. Merita was sitting in the middle of the room, hugging her knees. Merita heard the door open and looked up to see Dr Buck walk in the room and to her.

Merita: What do you want? To do another so called test? ( She said with slight annoyance )

Dr Buck didn't say anything she just sat down next to Merita.

Dr Buck: I.. we know about what happened to Evelyn, though some might disagree with me.. I think it's not your fault, you were just a child how were you post to know that your mother poisoned the food Merita..

Merita looked at Dr Buck with a shock expression, then Merita saw something poke out of Dr Buck's lab coat.. it was a small black wolf ear and a few black feathers. Dr Buck noticed this and smiled slightly

Dr Buck: you two can come out now

Kiki and Ethan then went out of Dr Buck's lab coat and hugged Merita with bright smiles, Merita quickly hugged them back.

Merita: Children, how did you-

Kiki: shh, stay quiet ( she said, sounding like Dr Buck )

Merita then turned her head to Dr Buck

Dr Buck: I might've sneaked them in here, don't expect me to do it again.

Ethan: Mother, is this our new home now? ( He asked Merita with a excited smile )

Merita thought for a moment before she secretly glanced at Dr Buck who had Kiki on her lap, Merita then smiled slightly with a small and barely noticeable blush on her face.

Merita: Yes Ethan, this is our new home..

Ethan's tail wagged with joy as Merita then started to braid his hair a little.

____________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

What do you think Merita and Dr Buck's relationship is at this point?

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜