Chapter 5: Hotel Madness

"God damn it, I gotta go up another flight of stairs?" Coach bends down trying to rest up, taking deep breaths.

Another man runs past him, wearing a nice looking white suit,"The chopper" he turns to Coach,"maybe it's made of chocolate?"

"Haha" Coach was able to let out a chuckle, trying to follow after the man to the rescue helicopter.

"Come back" Rochelle yells out to the chopper as it leaves, flying off leaving them there.

"HEY?" Nick cries out, waving his arms,"they just can't leave us, can they?"

"Come back....." staring at the bird disappearing.

"Looks like there's been a change of plans" Nick says.

"God damn whirly bird left without us. Look like the whirly bird was headin to the mall across town" Ellis speaks.

"A whirly, who?" Nick looks to the redneck in confusion.

"I will call it what I like, fancy suit" Ellis responds back.

Coach finally makes it to the top, out of breath almost falling over,"Where's the..." he takes another breath,"where's the chopper?"

"It melted away" Nick tells him.

"Everyone have a weapon ? Better to have one and not need it than need one and not have it" Ellis tells the group, taking out the handgun Henry gave him an hour ago.

Nick nods to the group,"I got mine" showing off his gun.

Rochelle looks at all of them,"what are your names anyhow?" She takes out her knife, weighing it in her hands.

"Name's Nick. But don't bother learning it cause I ain't sticking around long" Nick mentions.

Coach nods to Nick, and says,"People just call me Coach".

"My name is Ellis. But some people call me El. I really prefer Ellis cause El kinda sounds like a girl's name. But if you prefer to call me El, I guess you can" Ellis looks out at the city, a bunch of military still trying to fight off the infected.

"Name's Rochelle. Good friends just call me Ro".

"Pleasure to meet you Rochelle" Ellis nods his head.

"Now that we got introductions out of the way, can we come up with a plan to figure out what the hell we're against?" Nick asks them,

The building began to shake, as missiles runs into the hotel, Nick catches himself.

"What are they doing? Trying to kill us?" Ro asks.

Coach looks out, down into the streets, military tanks & armored trucks still fighting,"we gotta get the hell out of here if we wanna make it out alive, C'mon".

Another missile strikes into the building, this time it hit the floor beneath them as the roof collapsed, and all four people fall through, as the building continued to shake. Fire spreading throughout the building.

Rochelle opens up her eyes, looking down at her stomach, seeing blood everywhere. Her blood. She lets out a small scream,"ELLIS? COACH? ... NICK?"

She coughs some, fire spreading around her, then stares through the flames at a figure coming closer to her,"El?" She says his name.

Then realizes something as the figure draws closer,"dear god" the figure wears a blue suit, only has half a face, and a huge hole in his stomach. Then it runs towards her, starving.