Chapter 7 - My New Normal

Start from the beginning

"Huh? What do you mean?" Chisato asked

I shrugged and said "I'd prefer to not go into detail, but I think Kanon might have caught a glimpse of it a while back." After all, the day I went against the Shark and was doused afterwards, I was wearing a white shirt when she ran into me.

Sumire sighed and said "Just don't put yourself in that position again anytime soon."

I moved ahead of her, walking backwards to face her and said "Come on, you know you don't need to worry about that anymore." Not with how I am now, now that I'm a lantern.

"Can you please fill us in?" Keke asked, an extremely curious expression on her face

Realizing that I might have ended up teasing them some, I shrugged and said "I'm not gonna go into details, but I ended up getting hurt a bit back and while I've recovered I'm not exactly back to the same level of fitness I was at before."

"Really? Well I hope you can get back into shape soon." Kanon said

"If you want you can start joining me on my jogs." Chisato said

"I might have to take you up on that." I said, smiling at her as we finally got to the front entrance to the school.

As we got there, I said "Hey, there's somebody I should talk to before classes start. I'll see you girls later."

"Alright, see you then." Kanon said

I headed off towards the teacher's lounge to see if Mr. Nagai, or I guess Martian Manhunter, was still here, and as I got there, I found him nibbling on chocos at his desk. He looked my way as I entered the room and said "So I take it things went well?"

"Yeah, I'd say so. I know what I'm doing now, and I'm ready to do what I can for Tokyo." I said

"I see, well then if you're back and you're ready then there's no more reason for me to stay." he said

"Huh? How come?" I said

"Who do you think was excusing what was nearly a month's worth of absences?" He said, a small smile on the corner of his lips before he said "But now I need to return to the life I have back in America. Still, if you need any help, I have an identity here in Japan as the president of New Concept Industries. I'll try and have my subordinates there ready to help if you ever need it."

"Wait, isn't that the company that works with alien artifacts?" I said "Color me surprised."

"That's right. Now Hoshino, with classes starting soon, I suggest we both head to class for my final day here." he said, grabbing his papers and getting up from his desk

—-----------------------------------------------

With classes ending for the day, I got up from my seat and headed to the next classroom over to tell Kanon, Keke, and Sumire that I'll come watch their practice, but beforehand I need to go take care of something. Sumire seemed to pick up on what I was talking about, and as I left, I saw her nod to me.

Green Lanterns are essentially space cops, right? And for now it's time for me to play detective

As I left the building and went somewhere secluded, I slipped on the ring and with a deep breath said "Alright, next stop: Nishikino General Hospital."

<Willpower>

As I changed into my suit, I took to the sky, making sure to not make it too visible that I was leaving Yuigaoka. As I headed over to the hospital, I said "Hey Ring, think you can change my voice just enough that I don't obviously sound like me?"

That is within my capabilities, just tell me to which magnitude to change it

As I flew to the hospital I ended up talking to the ring, setting up a change in my voice to activate the moment the suit does, and by the time I saw the hospital up ahead, I saw the hole in the building Kaen escaped from, still being repaired. I headed towards it and flew through, landing in the empty hospital room and walking out. The eyes of the nurse who had been standing nearby had widened when she had seen me.