Chapter 1: Introduction

Start from the beginning

"I set Kamisato Ayato's Vision!"

"What!?", Ayato yelled completely shocked, as not only the members of the Arataki Gang but also the Kanjou soldiers looked at him as if Shura has lost his mind.

Shura then signalized Ayato to come closer and showed him the cards in his hand. Again, Ayato's widened in shock, before his face changed to a self-confident smile. Then Yashiro Commissioner did the most unexpected thing. He reached for the golden rope on which his Hydro Vision hangs and grabbed his Vision before laying it on top of the pile, right next to Itto's. 

"I think, the game should come to an end", Shura said.

With a nervous look on his face, the officer agreed and both placed their cards on the table. While the Kanjou officer had luck with a good hand, Shura won with the best possible hand.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!", Itto began to laugh and the rest of the gang also began to laugh while the Kanjou soldiers went into the phase of denial, not believing that they just lost their whole salary for the last three months to a group of hooligans. 

And so Itto grabbed his Vision as well as Ayato and then they split the money into even parts. Ayato and Shura then left Ritou together as the Arataki Gang went back to wherever they live. On their way, Ayato engaged in a conversation with the man of Ashina.

"So this is what you meant. That I have to be okay with whatever you do", Ayato said with a light chuckle.

"Yes. I just thought it would be right to get at least some money that is stolen by the Kanjou Commission back if we want to hold a fest for the people."

They continued their walk in silence until Ayato began to speak again.

"Shura... can't you think about it again?", Ayato suddenly asked.

"About what?", Shura asked back.

"About my sister...", Ayato continued but stopped, thinking deeply about his next words.

"If it's about the Vision Hunt Decree, no I won't think about it again."

"Nono, that's not what I mean...", Ayato let out a long sigh, "it was so sudden when you break off the engagement with Ayaka, ever since then we were asking ourselves why, after all, it was for the future of both Clans."

"Shouldn't we focus more on our current situation, instead of digging in the past? I'm sure you as the Yashiro Commissioner have a lot of work to do", Shura dodged the question. 

"But-", Ayato began but was then interrupted by a female voice.

"Brother! I've some good news!", Ayaka called out happily as they now reached the Kamisato Estate.

"Oh, really?", Ayato asked as he turned to his sister.

"Yes! Oh, and Shura, Guuji Yae was here and asked for you, she wants to see you at the Grand Narukami Shrine", the younger Kamisato sibling said.

"Uh, did she say why she needs me?", Shura asked annoyed.

"No, she didn't."

Another annoyed sigh escaped Shura before turning around and making his way to the bottom of the "stairs" that lead to the Shrine at the top of the mountain.

"It is not nice of her to let you climb all the stairs when she knows about your sickly condition...", Ayaka said worriedly.

'She knows the truth, that's why... that evil vixen...', Shura thought.

And so Shura climbed up all the "stairs" to the Grand Narukami Shrine. As he finally made it up he walked through the many torii gates until he was greeted by the sight of one of the shrine maidens. She had a warm and welcoming smile on her face, yet as she saw Shura's annoyed and exhausted appearance, a sweatdrop ran down her face, yet her smile remained the same.